DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad mini 2 or android tablet as Mavic Air display?

The only issue i’ve had with both is lack of screen brightness which is problematic outdoors in the sun but I guess that applies to all tabs and phones with the exception of the DJICrystalsky.

Using an LG G Pad 8 here and yep, my only issue with it is the sun. Working on a DIY sunshade to see if that helps, I am sure it will, but I may just look for shaded spots to stand while flying if the shade becomes too cumbersome.

I had tried using my Pixel 2XL, but the DJI Go 4 app just constantly crashes at the sign in screen. That could be a "feature" of my phone though, many apps don't seem to work quite right on it and I am not sure why.

I've used lenovo tab 4 8 Pro, s8+, s10+, iPad 4 and Samsung tab, all no issue whatseover

Also remember the android app usually gets new features first (as dji use android in their Pro screen stuff)

They all work fine, the s10+ is my fave at the moment, perfect size/brightness compromise impo.

Just remember the app is taxing on either os, so just use something fairly modern and you will be fine.

I decided to try my galaxy tab last weekend. I bought the Amazon adapter for the Mavic Air controller. That parts works perfectly, however the galaxy tab display went black 2 times during a single flight. That scares me enough to not use it again at this point.

I had to hit the home button, then kill the DJI4 app and start it again. I'll probably stick with my S9+, which works perfectly so far.

Using an LG G Pad 8 here and yep, my only issue with it is the sun. Working on a DIY sunshade to see if that helps, I am sure it will, but I may just look for shaded spots to stand while flying if the shade becomes too cumbersome.
Tablets and sunshades for tablets are a convenient solution that improve screen readability/brightness, without doubt. However, they seem to slightly hinder positioning of the hands on the control sticks. Both hands tend to be slightly diagonally placed which in my experience does affect control during pitch and yaw. This could be my personal experience or problem but it's something I have definitely noticed. I have never used a tablet holder so not sure what the experience of pilots with that accessory has been like.

The DJI controller was primarily designed to hold cell phones but the ever growing trend towards tablets could be an aspect DJI could look into for future development of the controller to facilitate this trend.

However, they seem to slightly hinder positioning of the hands on the control sticks. Both hands tend to be slightly diagonally placed which in my experience does affect control during pitch and yaw.

Good to know, I'm planning to make my own shade, so may experiment a little with the sides of the shade to minimize impact on hand positioning.

And, from one Arsenal supporter to another, good result yesterday

Reactions: LazyBird
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78