DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad Mini 2 Powerful Enough Processor?

Rogerc

Reactions
I have an Ipad Mini 2 and was wondering if it is capable of running DJI GO4 with my Mavic 2 Pro?
Currently using an Ipad HD and it rocks for running everything. Since the IPad Mini fits better in the controller was wondering if it would work or if problems would develop due to lack of processing power?
The IPad Mini 2 has cellular and wifi. What is the advantage of having cellular and Wifi. (I use to know forgot.)
Thanks in advance.
Happy flying....
RC

Works for the MP fine - mine does not have cell capability so I connect to my mobile device so I can see my mini map.

I have an Ipad Mini 2 and was wondering if it is capable of running DJI GO4 with my Mavic 2 Pro?
No .. the mini 4 is the minimum spec required to run the Go 4 app properly.
The IPad Mini 2 has cellular and wifi. What is the advantage of having cellular and Wifi.
The only features that can use the GPS receiver in the tablet that comes with cellular capability in an iPad, are:
1. Follow-me flight
2. Ability to reset home point to the current location of the controller (used sometimes but not necessary for flying from a moving car or boat)

I am using a mini 2 and have not had any problems. every once and a while, it will pop up a processor max load warning, but it has not caused any issues. Although I do not record the screen video while flying. that would probably push the ipad passed its abilities. I will probably upgrade eventually, but may go another route for an in flight monitor.

I no long use the cell connection on the ipad, but do tether wifi to my phone to update the map.

After reviewing the answers will test it out cautiously... don't want any disasters with my brand new M2P.
You wouldn't be up for disasters.
More like app glitches or app crashes.
The drone would be fine.

Currently using an Ipad HD and it rocks for running everything. Since the IPad Mini fits better in the controller was wondering if it would work or if problems would develop due to lack of processing power?
The IPad Mini 2 has cellular and wifi. What is the advantage of having cellular and Wifi. (I use to know forgot.)
Thanks in advance.
Happy flying....
RC

I use a ipad mini 2 with my mavic pro and occasionally the screen will freeze. I suspect that the processor is borderline for speed. If I don't turn off wifi and other features that run in the background the screen will freeze up more often

I wonder if the litchi app would work better with a mini 2 than GO4 . The GO app is a power hungry app

The iPad mini 2 isn’t really adequate to run Go4. You’re likely to have screen freezes and iPad/controller disconnects. Then you’ll go into a mild panic with no video feed wondering what to do, like; can I terminate and restart the Go4 app? Restart the controller? Both? In what order? What is my Mavic gonna do while my sphincter is contracting? Do I have a fresh pair of undies in my backpack?

My advice... carry fresh undies in your backpack and some baby wipes just in case.

Definitely don’t use the H265 codec.

Thanks in advance.
Happy flying....
RC
I was having screen freezes with the dji go 4 so switched to using Litchi and all my issues were resolved. So when using the iPad mini 2 I certainly recommend Litchi.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan