DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad mini 3

for the very simple reason that there's no model made later than it. pretty simple concept.

for the very simple reason that there's no model made later than it. pretty simple concept.

ROFL - Seriously, look at the specs! It is OLD TECH!! You're correct in that there is no later model iPad Mini available but that is the only reason that the Mini 4 is still on the price list. Only a total sucker would waste money on a new one. But hey, go nuts on a cheap used one because there will be plenty for sale when the new Mini is released.

I'll type this slowly to match your apparent speed of thought.

while there is no later model, THIS IS THE CURRENT TECHNOLOGY.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll type this slowly to match your apparent speed of thought.

while there is no later model, THIS IS THE CURRENT TECHNOLOGY.

LMFAO - Whatever dude! I never said that it wasn't "CURRENT TECHNOLOGY" - I referred to it as old technology.

People, if you're thinking about getting an iPad Mini to run DJI GO 4 then you really should consider waiting a month or two because Apple is strongly rumoured to be releasing a new model with up-to-date technology - as opposed to the ancient Mini 4 that was released in 2015.

Of course, if you're main concern is saving a few bucks then grab a used Mini 4 or much better still, if you don't mind having a larger screen, a new current model standard iPad which is not only inexpensive but also not packed with obsolete technology.

Last edited:
How can you seriously suggest that technology released in 2015 is "current tech"? Compared to all of the other products in the iPad line-up it's ancient tech - LOL
I fly with "ancienter" tech, the 2 and 3 as dedicated flight devices. I would seriously suggest it to anyone on a budget. Scour eBay, craigslist, or in my case the local pawn shops. I got both of mine for $125 not long after the 4 was out.

I'll probably update one day. But if it ain't broke, don't fix it

my mini 4 is only used for mavic and does everything needed,so why do you need newer?

In your case, you don't need a newer iPad but for those who are considering getting one, they should consider the obvious benefits of acquiring the latest model. But again, if saving money is the main concern then go for a cheaper, older secondhand model.

It's not unlike buying a new PC. As newer versions of operating systems and applications are released they are most often designed to take advantage of the latest CPU and Video chipsets. As a result over time, your PC's performance is degraded.

DJI GO 4 is just another software application - every new version invariably includes a new feature or two which adds to the overall load on CPU, video and other resources. Running DJI GO 4 on an up-to-date hardware platform is essentially future proofing your investment.

Wait for the next iPad release rumoured to be soon. The Mini 4 is old tech.

New iPad mini 'will launch this spring'
What ever iPad I buy should it be cellular and wifi for everything to work or is cellular just so you can access the web whilst out flying?
I hope this is not to dumb a question, newbie and have been reading conflicting info, one perso says you need both other people say just wifi is OK.

What ever iPad I buy should it be cellular and wifi for everything to work or is cellular just so you can access the web whilst out flying?
I hope this is not to dumb a question, newbie and have been reading conflicting info, one perso says you need both other people say just wifi is OK.

You only need cellular if you want to set a moving Home Point - for example when flying your drone from a boat. In regard to maps and firmware updates, most people (who don't have cellular RC devices) are happy to download them at home before going out to fly.

you only need the wifi version if you want to use the dynamic RTH function. otherwise just tether to your phone for maps, or cache them beforehand.

I use a mini 2 and hot spot off of my phone and love the hell out of it .. no problems or complaints. Got a pristine one for 100$ on ebay , beats the hell out of my iphone 6 i was using

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78