DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad mini 4 for Fly app?

Hi. Ipad mini 4 is perfect for the app and it is also perfect for the RC. You will need a cable not provided with the MM because the one that came with the drone is too short.

Hello. Was curious if anyone has tried the ipad mini 4 with the new fly app? Just purchased the MM and note that only phones are listed as compatible. Thanks!
Dowloaded it on my ipad mini 5. Not used with the drone as I haven't yet got it. It opens fine but is an upscale of the phone app rather than being optimised. No doubt it will get updated for tablets soon.

Hello. Was curious if anyone has tried the ipad mini 4 with the new fly app? Just purchased the MM and note that only phones are listed as compatible. Thanks!
ipad mini 4 works perfect, you need to order the longer cable to use the mini from dronevalley.com, he ships the same day. it is called the custom data cable and it is $12.95.

Thanks!

Just ordered that custom data cable and hope it arrives early next week before my vacation. :)

ipad mini 4 works perfect, you need to order the longer cable to use the mini from dronevalley.com, he ships the same day. it is called the custom data cable and it is $12.95.

On my iPad Mini 4 the DJI Fly app is cut off at the sides (which means I can't see/access all the controls). Not certain what the problem is, but I wouldn't call it working perfectly. Any suggestions? Already tried deleting app and reinstalling.

On my Mini 4 when using the Fly app I get consistent CPU Overload on the device “ipad”. My iPhone 11 works fine so I guess the Mini 4 is outdated.

On my Mini 4 when using the Fly app I get consistent CPU Overload on the device “ipad”. My iPhone 11 works fine so I guess the Mini 4 is outdated.
I've been using the iPad for a couple of years now — my problem was solved when I updated to iOS 12. Guess I should have updated this thread then.

I don't get an overloaded CPU, but I run only DJI Fly while flying with no other apps loaded. Also haven't updated to a later iOS, so that may also be a factor. I was told Apple tends to use more and more of a device for the OS so it's often not worth updating to the latest supported system, so I didn't as everything was working for me.

You may be on to something by not upgrading to the latest IOS. I am on IOS 14 something, and the mini4 is worthless with the DJI FLY app. Still works well with Go 4.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair