DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad mini 4 for MA GB Question

Ria Civam

Reactions
OK so the question itself is probably an indication of my newbyism to the Mavic Air. I'm interested in the Ipad mini 4 as it seems to have the greatest approval following for use w the MA. I've already concluded I want WiFi and Cellular even tho you supposedly can fly with out cellular. I want GPS. My question is they come in varying GB offerings. 16 GB to 128GB. If dedicating to the MA is there an advantage to a higher GB Ipad?

If not wrong newer ipad mini dnt come in 16G anymore.

IMO , lotsa of photos and video datas will be stored in your device. If u are have the habit of shooting in 4k, photo in raw n jpg format, 16G /32G is definitely not enough.
Go for a least 64G if pricing is not a consideration. If not bigger is better.

The iPad Mini 4 comes with 16GB, 64GB, or 128GB of memory. If you're going to do nothing but fly your DJI drones, then a 16GB model would have plenty of memory (and then some) for that task. If you're also planning on installing other apps (especially any that require a lot of space), storing photos/videos on your iPad Mini, and/or editing photos/videos on your iPad Mini, then you should consider the 64GB or 128GB models.

OK so the question itself is probably an indication of my newbyism to the Mavic Air. I'm interested in the Ipad mini 4 as it seems to have the greatest approval following for use w the MA. I've already concluded I want WiFi and Cellular even tho you supposedly can fly with out cellular. I want GPS. My question is they come in varying GB offerings. 16 GB to 128GB. If dedicating to the MA is there an advantage to a higher GB Ipad?
I have an iPad mini 4 with 128GB. It is not a cell unit, I found a long time ago that since I was always near a WiFi it wasn't needed. It is dedicated to my Mavic Air only so it's not used for any other purpose. Only drone apps are installed.
The only con I have is it could be brighter, other than that it is a great little device. It is a refurbished unit and was a great price.

To give you an idea 16GB wouldn’t be able to store a full SD cards worth of video and photos from the Mavic Air since some of that storage is used for the system programming it’s more in the neighborhood of 12-14 GB actually

Someone’s got to teach me how to use my iPad mini 4 then.. it can’t handle the Go4 app.. then explanation given to me is that it has the old processor..A8? New mini 5 has the A12

I have everything turned off and it’s stripped down to only use with drone and still I get cpu message and broken screen. Also overheats easily.

Someone’s got to teach me how to use my iPad mini 4 then.. it can’t handle the Go4 app.. then explanation given to me is that it has the old processor..A8? New mini 5 has the A12

I have everything turned off and it’s stripped down to only use with drone and still I get cpu message and broken screen. Also overheats easily.
According to Apple, all mini 4's use an A8 chip. The latest os version is 12.0... It may be a version problem. My M4 just went thru an update to version 12 yesterday. The update made no difference, it ran well before.

Hi. I use the mini 4 and find it great. Brightness could be better though in sunlight. Mine is the 128g and after keeping my vids and pics it fills up quickly. Very so often I transfer to the hard drive to free up space. Also make yourself a little strap like the pics to hold the mini in firmly. Cord is elastic. Works brilliantly and no fears of it falling out of the controller arms. Happy flying.98937A69-0F55-4E3B-80B9-C44E3C1F19DF.jpegCB7FA891-DF68-4D32-99D8-77B2AC580DB3.jpeg4530F205-9C26-4139-A485-257AAEFB8C1B.jpeg001EA0F0-E328-48CF-8FF9-4F3BD8393F13.jpeg

Reactions: Air_Joe
It should be able to handle it. Try these tips:
Install DJI GO on an Apple Tablet or Phone (Step-by-Step Guide)

For the heat issue, remove the iPad from its case before flying (if you're using a case) and stand in the shade.
Thank you ... very m going on a bus today I’ll bring the iPad and do everything on that list.. I think I already have most of the iPad set that way but but the app.. pretty sure I have trans in hd and probably need to do the other dji changes.. great info Thanks

Lots of good info here but still have a question. Using an iphone i will have both wifi and cellular. There for i will also have GPS and maps. I currently have an iphone 5 s on Verizon carrier that can give me a hot spot. If I choose a ipad mini 4 with wifi only, will i be able to download DJI Go 4 app thru the hot spot. Will the app function in the field without cellular? Several post have mentioned you can download maps prior to going a field and use them while flying. Exactly how do you do this?

Thanks to the advice here I had a much better experience with my iPad mini 4..

After using the Smart controller though the mini is not bright enough. Even with a sun shade ..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife