DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad mini 4 guys

I'd chime in for the bigger version if you can afford it. It always seems that I'm repurposing tablets for something else later on. Memory is always good to have.

Wish mine worked better.

Most of these guys uses 16gb??? It's not even available here anymore! So why not buy 128gb and enjoy the capacity.

I just bought my first ever apple device to use with my Mavic. After reading this thread I decided I would try the iPad Mini 4 16gb cellular+wifi. I did not get a cellular sim for it, I'm just going to use bluetooth tethering with my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.

Any tips on what apps I should run? I'm going with just DJI GO 4 for now until I get some advice on other apps.

I install Litchi, FPV Camera, Hangar 360 and DronePrix AR.

Maps and weather apps as well...

Most of these guys uses 16gb??? It's not even available here anymore! So why not buy 128gb and enjoy the capacity.

The iPad mini 4 128gb cellular is $529. Pretty steep considering that is over half what the Mavic cost. You can find a deal on a refurbished 16, 32 or 64gb for much less.

Last edited:
I am using a mini 2 with retina, 64gb and it's loaded full of other programs including my Navionics marine app. The DJI Go works great but I am thinking about doing clean install of iOS and just loading up my flying and boating apps.
I am using the exact same setup. Works great for the Mavic. Love the Navionics app.

Just got my ipad mini 4 yesterday and flew the Mavic with it. Such an improvement over using my Samsung S5! Got the 16 GB because it was less money and I only intend to use it to fly the Mavic.
Howdy,
Just wondering how you're going with the latest software/FW etc as I'm just about to do as you've done. Changing to a mini 4 from a Samsung S5...
Smokey

I got a 128 but it is dual use.
Had just bought the Mavic combo but it only worked so so with the Samsung S4. So how to justify even more expense? Well I convinced the wife her iPad2 was getting old and how would she like a brand new one.
So I get to fly with it during the day and she uses it in the evening. Win Win.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk