DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad mini 4 sun shade

RadioFlyerMan

Premium Pilot
Reactions
For you iPad users out there, I just received my sun shade from PGYTECH. Just so you know, this thing is high quality and fits my mini 4 perfectly. I just might be able to remove my anti glare film to improve viewing details.

3f7e06cfaa457e797422e96e2078993f.jpg

32a1add29c274cb89ec44c0d627f92f5.jpg

I ordered one a week ago and now I see it won't work in the rc alone that $ucks now I need a mount which I don't want.

I ordered one a week ago and now I see it won't work in the rc alone that $ucks now I need a mount which I don't want.
Looks to me (from the photo above) the iPad will still fit in the controller - there appears to be enough of the iPad outside the edges of the hood to be gripped by the controller arms.

Looks to me (from the photo above) the iPad will still fit in the controller - there appears to be enough of the iPad outside the edges of the hood to be gripped by the controller arms.
I hope so other wise I wasted my money.

Just our opinion, okay?

We look at that shade and think: "Gotta be a better way." (Mavic Air w/ I-Pad Mini 4)

Couple that with KISS, and we'll continue using our strategy: pick a nearby shady spot, and fly with our back toward any intruding sunlight using body as shield.

This eliminates any need for add-on shades, and avoids having to carry more equipment any time we feel the Fly Urge.

Rgds, NAVMAV

Just our opinion, okay?

We look at that shade and think: "Gotta be a better way." (Mavic Air w/ I-Pad Mini 4)

Couple that with KISS, and we'll continue using our strategy: pick a nearby shady spot, and fly with our back toward any intruding sunlight using body as shield.

This eliminates any need for add-on shades, and avoids having to carry more equipment any time we feel the Fly Urge.

Rgds, NAVMAV
I can tell you have never dealt with Arizona sunshine. Trust me its really bright and almost impossible to block out the glare on a tablet or phone. I have sat inside my car and still had trouble seeing the screen.I face my car towards the sun open the hatch and drop the tailgate and sit in the back this helps a lot but still not the best.. I've been to most other states and 4 Canadian Provinces, lived in NH for a long time and never had this kinda sun problem there.

I can tell you have never dealt with Arizona sunshine. Trust me its really bright and almost impossible to block out the glare on a tablet or phone. I have sat inside my car and still had trouble seeing the screen.I face my car towards the sun open the hatch and drop the tailgate and sit in the back this helps a lot but still not the best.. I've been to most other states and 4 Canadian Provinces, lived in NH for a long time and never had this kinda sun problem there.

ABSOLUTELY agree!!! Should have stuck a qualifier in ours right off. Sorry to muck about with your situ, should have thunk that thru better. Totally our Bad.

Rgds, NAVMAV

I have one ordered and will report my thoughts.

I'm currently using a Hoodman HAV1 and added a Pad Hat to it (using Velcro ) to give me imporved glare protection, however, the elasticized finger entry port on the Hoodman is clumsy and frustrating. I've had good success with Pgytech products and I'm anxious to receive the new sunshade with the extender (coming from China...). The other issue is that weight of my current combination is top heavy making control of the RC less than perfect. I believe the Pgytech unit will be much lighter and therefor easier to fly.

See the attached stills.

Attachments

• unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 60
  • unnamed-2.jpg
    unnamed-2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 59
  • unnamed-3a.jpg
    unnamed-3a.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 57
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
The Pgytech
version should be a vast improvement over my makeshift version above.

I think these might work ok but I'm wondering about going back and forth from dark (looking in the shade) and then bright sunlight and trying to find the drone. Eyes going back and forth between dark and bright don't do well LOL

just got it and put it on, does very little in the afternoon sun.I can barley make out the screen

For you iPad users out there, I just received my sun shade from PGYTECH. Just so you know, this thing is high quality and fits my mini 4 perfectly. I just might be able to remove my anti glare film to improve viewing details.

3f7e06cfaa457e797422e96e2078993f.jpg

32a1add29c274cb89ec44c0d627f92f5.jpg
I also sometimes use a some shade. However I frequently find that the transmission is so good that I can be in the car or indoors and obviate the need for a sunshade as well as getting an outstanding image. I try to be indoors whenever I can as it means I get a very clear image. (By the way I am not using any signal booster)

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
What your range when being indoors. I'm sure its significantly reduced, plus must be real hard to keep VLOS

I have a friend who tried flying from inside his house. He was surprised it could be done. Says he could go about 1100 feet. Of course, it would be wrong to try such a thing. ?

I cut up a cardboard box for my iPad mini 5. Haven't sprayed it black yet but it works quite well. The bonus is I actually know that it fits my iPad Mini 5. Cut 2 holes in the sides to turn on the iPad and to connect the cable from the controller for my Mavic 2 Pro. Cost: about 20 minutes of my time and an old cardboard box from an Amazon delivery. There are lots of videos online on how to make them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming