DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Mini 4

Top Hat

Reactions
I know been discussed countless times but I just need an opinion on price.
I got a seller on the hook for Ipad Mini 4 w/ Cellular @ 32 Gb pristine condish per stated on listing.
He's asking $450 negotiable OBO, got it down to $280, is that a deal?

I got a seller on the hook for Ipad Mini 4 w/ Cellular @ 32 Gb pristine condish per stated on listing.

$450 is way too high, considering a brand new 128GB cellular model from apple is $529. I've seen the 64GB cellular model go for $350 on swappa and the 32GB cellular model go for ~$270-300.

Cellular means you could get maps on the run, but if your phone makes a wireless hotspot you may have that already covered if needed. Keep in mind also most people recommend having a phone / tablet in Airplane mode to prevent calls or other distractions.

I finally got my Shield tablet to work for me, but was about ready to buy an iPad mini. I was looking at the 2's, they have the good screen and can be had (in Minneapolis, MN anyhow) around $100 in great shape.

Something to consider, perhaps.

Reactions: MavicMoira
I would be happy at that price.

Cellular means you could get maps on the run, but if your phone makes a wireless hotspot you may have that already covered if needed. Keep in mind also most people recommend having a phone / tablet in Airplane mode to prevent calls or other distractions.

I finally got my Shield tablet to work for me, but was about ready to buy an iPad mini. I was looking at the 2's, they have the good screen and can be had (in Minneapolis, MN anyhow) around $100 in great shape.

Something to consider, perhaps.

Only the cellular iPads have a built-in GPS. When using a wifi iPad, you won't be able to change the home point on the fly.

Reactions: MKAL
If you don't need cellular 128gb Mini4s are regularly on sale now for $299 or less. With that much room I crank the cache all the way to 16gb and still have plenty of room for whatever else I may use it for.

Reactions: Drewaz
If you don't need cellular 128gb Mini4s are regularly on sale now for $299 or less. With that much room I crank the cache all the way to 16gb and still have plenty of room for whatever else I may use it for.

I got a new mini4 128gb no cellular for around $270. I use my iPhone as a hotspot to download maps. I don't need to change the home point on the fly.

I'd rather have a new iPad with lots of space than a used one. I don't think cellular makes much difference

Last edited:
I bought a mini I pad 4 last weak on e bay for $ 200 with cellular used works great.

Just use wifi mini 4 connect Bluetooth to garmin glo portable gps from amazon. No need cell data. Gps location will get from the garmin glo.

Just use wifi mini 4 connect Bluetooth to garmin glo portable gps from amazon. No need cell data. Gps location will get from the garmin glo.

The Garmin GPS device is $100. An iPad with cellular is +$130 on top of the wifi price. So the difference is $30 for a built-in GPS you don't have to worry about charging separately.

But then again, you could use that GPS for other things so it's a trade off.

I bought a Ipad Mini 4 / 64 GB with Celluar for $390 last month off Ebay . I hated it so sold it after a week for $399 on Ebay .

If you get the Mini 4 with the cellular function and want to use it in that mode, you'll have to add it as a device on your cell phone service plan and they will charge you at least $10 a month or more

Reactions: butterflyslicer
I got a new iPad 4 mini 128GB with cellular from a local computer super store Microcenter for $509.99

If you get the Mini 4 with the cellular function and want to use it in that mode, you'll have to add it as a device on your cell phone service plan and they will charge you at least $10 a month or more

The GPS function works without cell data. Cell data is only needed to get the terrain maps, which you can cache on wifi or connect to a hotspot for.

The cellular iPads have built-in GPS, which is what a lot of folks want.

Reactions: MKAL

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman