DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ipad mini 5 cabling

Marc_in_NC

Reactions
Hi, I have picked up a mini 5. Tried a couple of different cables but didn't work. The short one included with the Air 2 works. Any suggested on cables that work?

TIA, Marc

This one works just fine, and it's a bit longer than the original, so it'll reach on a PGYTech tablet holder on an MA2 controller:

The tricky bit is to make sure your USB-C to Lightning cable is not just a "charge" cable. It has to carry data, too. If it's a charge-and-sync cable, it should work just fine.

I have this one and it works.

The cable is a USB C to USB micro. Below is the first one that I bought, perhaps defective:

Hi, I have picked up a mini 5. Tried a couple of different cables but didn't work. The short one included with the Air 2 works. Any suggested on cables that work?

TIA, Marc
If you have a cable that doesn't work, try flipping the plug 180 degrees. It should not matter, but a few have had that fix their problems, may be something DJI did incorrectly.

Reactions: pelagic_one
If you have a cable that doesn't work, try flipping the plug 180 degrees. It should not matter, but a few have had that fix their problems, may be something DJI did incorrectly.
That was the case with my LG G6 phone, USB C to USB C. Would not work one way, turn 180 degree it worked. Go figure.

Reactions: z28lt1
The cable is a USB C to USB micro. Below is the first one that I bought, perhaps defective:

The OP has an ipad. Needs a USB C to lightning.

Reactions: iaincaradoc

You bought this cable to use with a iPad Mini? If so the cable does not have the correct connections.

That is the OP you quoted. I'm thinking that's why it's not working for them.
Doh! Didn't even check, as I assumed if the cable didn't even fit, that would have been written. Thanks for pointing that out! Yes, the right connector on the cable is the best place to start :)

Oops, brain fart! Wanted an ipad mini 5 ( since everything else is Apple ) but actually have the Galaxy Tab A! Sorry about that. I have tried to switch the connect on the controller, flip it, but doesn't work either. Very tight.

Oops, brain fart! Wanted an ipad mini 5 ( since everything else is Apple ) but actually have the Galaxy Tab A! Sorry about that. I have tried to switch the connect on the controller, flip it, but doesn't work either. Very tight.

The connector on the MA2 controller is wedged in there kind of tight. You might look at a Hanatora similar to the one I'd previously linked, but with the Micro-USB connector instead of Lightning, since you don't have an iPad...

Reactions: pelagic_one
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prits_uk2002