DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad Mini 5 Compatible?

DJI doesn't support it, but you can see lots of people are using it here.

Outdated via DJI is more likely than outdated via Phantomhelp.com.

I have an iPad mini 5 and I can say it does NOT work with the mini 2. I tried and I can fly the drone but no video transmission. I then connected my iPhone to it and it works fine. Anyone else having issues? Maybe update will fix....

I have an iPad mini 5 and I can say it does NOT work with the mini 2. I tried and I can fly the drone but no video transmission. I then connected my iPhone to it and it works fine. Anyone else having issues? Maybe update will fix....
Since the iPad Mini 5 works just fine with all the other DJI drones and flying apps, it's likely that it will with yours too.
There must be something wrong with your cable or configuration.

Since the iPad Mini 5 works just fine with all the other DJI drones and flying apps, it's likely that it will with yours too.
There must be something wrong with your cable or configuration.
Maybe but I have a ma2 and tried that cable and another one no luck. The ma2 works fine on both. I haven’t tried connecting the controller from the ma2 the m2. I can try that.

Thinking to buy a ipad mini 5 too. Is it just fine to buy the one with WiFi only? I guess GPS is inside the mini 2, so ipad doesn't need celluar? Waht about the (google)maps inside fly app? Or just make a hotspot on my phone so it has data?

Reactions: pelagic_one
Cell isn't needed for flight, but wifi only ipads don't have GPS so map won't show RC location, and can't update HP to RC location.

Cell isn't needed for flight, but wifi only ipads don't have GPS so map won't show RC location, and can't update HP to RC location.

Simply add an external GPS device to your iPad.
ce82a6657caa566a6d1bad6e5f231f43.jpg

Troll!

Using the mini 5 brand new ? all works great but if you have a problem DJI will not help
as it is NOT on there list? My mini 2 will only get to 690mtr and loose signal when I asked DJI
all you get is it is not compatible with mini 5? Chap on DJI site has prob with mini 4, DJI say not enough power try closing other apps etc! :) Everything works fine for me other than signal loss.
Using new cable, orig cable but not great signal. Have S21 ultra got an extra 30mtrs out if it but have to use
lower video YOU guessed it "not compatible with app!"

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven