DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad Mini 5 Compatible?

Using the mini 5 brand new ? all works great but if you have a problem DJI will not help
as it is NOT on there list? My mini 2 will only get to 690mtr and loose signal when I asked DJI
all you get is it is not compatible with mini 5? Chap on DJI site has prob with mini 4, DJI say not enough power try closing other apps etc! :) Everything works fine for me other than signal loss.
Using new cable, orig cable but not great signal. Have S21 ultra got an extra 30mtrs out if it but have to use
lower video YOU guessed it "not compatible with app!"
As said about 100 times in various posts the App/device has nothing to do with distance. Your radio system and Drone as well as Radio floor noise is the determining factor on distance beyond what is limited by not logging into the app initially. Your problem lies elsewhere. The Mini 5 is being used on at least 1000 reporting members on various forums...all with no issue. You switched from iOS to Android and confirm all above.

You either have great interference in the area you are trying to fly or have a defective system...and need to return replace.

Reactions: Uncle Pete
Will the iPad fit into the controller of the Mavic Mini2?
Nope. You need an adapter like this

€ 2,50 20%OFF | Uitgebreide Tablet Beugel Houder Mavic Air 2/Mini 2 Afstandsbediening Snelsluiting Beugel Pad Klem Voor dji Mavic Air 2

Reactions: Jiker69
Simply add an external

Simply add an external GPS device to your iPad.
ce82a6657caa566a6d1bad6e5f231f43.jpg
I am usually savvy when it comes to electronics but I bought this GPS device also and I got it to find and locate satellites as it should but I dont know if its actually doing what its supposed when I'm flying my drones. I have it blue toothed to my iPad mini 4 while flying but cant tell if it's to my benefit or not..

I dont know if its actually doing what its supposed when I'm flying my drones. I have it blue toothed to my iPad mini 4 while flying but cant tell if it's to my benefit or not..
What do you want it to do?
There's really no need to have GPS from your tablet unless you want to reset the home point to the current location of the controller.

What do you want it to do?
There's really no need to have GPS from your tablet unless you want to reset the home point to the current location of the controller.
I get what your saying, it’s that I never have taken the gps attached to the iPad mini into a situation where’s there’s no WiFi. If I shut off WiFi and then I can see if I get maps because as long as I’m near WiFi I get maps and a secondary gps device isn’t necessary.

I get what your saying, it’s that I never have taken the gps attached to the iPad mini into a situation where’s there’s no WiFi. If I shut off WiFi and then I can see if I get maps because as long as I’m near WiFi I get maps and a secondary gps device isn’t necessary.
A secondary GPS unit won't help get maps.
The maps come from internet data, not from GPS.

A secondary GPS unit won't help get maps.
The maps come from internet data, not from GPS.
Correct, I just got the gps unit working with the iPad mini4 and learn everything it can do and can’t do. Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman