DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ipad mini 5

Yay! My iPad mini 5 is on its way! Traded in my mini 4 which looks like new.

So let be written, so let be done!

I've been flirting with the idea of a mini 5 too. Does it still fit nicely into the arms of the Mavic 2 controller without a tablet bracket?

It’s only money.

I have a iPad mini 4 128 gig the only problem I have is downloading 4K videos. No problem with 2.7 K or 1080 P but no success with downloading 4K videos. I was hoping the mini five would solve this problem. Can anybody comment on this?

I bought an iPad Mini 4 128gb when I bought my M2P 7 months ago, but swapped it for a Mini 5 64GB as soon as Apple got it in stock. I’m very happy with the swap. Battery life is noticeably longer, screen is noticeably brighter, and the whole device is so much faster and snappier than the Mini 4. And I can transfer rawfiles to it and edit on the fly.

I have a iPad mini 4 128 gig the only problem I have is downloading 4K videos. No problem with 2.7 K or 1080 P but no success with downloading 4K videos. I was hoping the mini five would solve this problem. Can anybody comment on this?
Not sure why you would want to do this as the neither the mini 4 or 5 have 4k resolution for playback.

Hello,

Has anyone used the new ipad mini 5 with their drones?

What has been your experience?
Has there been less lag with the new processor?
Has the 10+% increase in brightness made any noticeable difference?

I fly my DJI Mavic 2 Zoom with my iPad Mini-4. I would like to narrate to the iPad as I fly.
I accidentally did something one time that made it work but maybe an update caused that to go away. I don't even have video saved on my iPad mini 4 now. It is one the drone but I have to download it into the ipad.
I wish we had a user's group here in Houston. There is something on the settings of the DJI Go 4 app that I am not seeing. I have my buffering set to 4gig and NOT to delete the cache. Hoping the audio will be with the video.
Any suggestions? I would really appreciate if someone would let me know.
[email protected]

Hi
In the dji go4 app under “general setting” 5th item down under “video cache” enable “ record audio with video”
Good luck

Not sure why you would want to do this as the neither the mini 4 or 5 have 4k resolution for playback.
Also flying with the iPad Mini 5 since a few weeks - but: 4k playback for the iPad Mini 5 is definitely working fine: uploaded a 4K video from my MacBook via AirDrop to the iPad Mini 5: playing fine when starting it from the photos app!!! I know the issue you're describing: had this with older iPads and my iPhone 6s (at the end of the AirDrop transfer the device always complains it cannot save the video), but that seems to be solved with the iPad Mini 5!

Other than that what others already stated: brighter display than my older devices, and no lag at all: with my iPad Air (2013) I had some lag and artefacts on the screen while flying from time to time, but the iPad Mini 5 is working just fine (flying the Mavic Pro 1).

Stefan

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Also flying with the iPad Mini 5 since a few weeks - but: 4k playback for the iPad Mini 5 is definitely working fine: uploaded a 4K video from my MacBook via AirDrop to the iPad Mini 5: playing fine when starting it from the photos app!!! I know the issue you're describing: had this with older iPads and my iPhone 6s (at the end of the AirDrop transfer the device always complains it cannot save the video), but that seems to be solved with the iPad Mini 5!

Other than that what others already stated: brighter display than my older devices, and no lag at all: with my iPad Air (2013) I had some lag and artefacts on the screen while flying from time to time, but the iPad Mini 5 is working just fine (flying the Mavic Pro 1).

Stefan

Agreed, me too.

Until I trade in my mini 4, I am working with both the 4 and the 5. I have noticed that when connected to wifi, that occasionally I experience a hesitation in the screen for a split second. This happens with both units, and I have a half baked theory it has to do with my "country slow" wifi as the flight map is updated. I notice a few days ago while flying off wifi in the boonies that I never got the hesitation. So I'm continuing the experimentation to see if it's reproducible.

I'm also looking at the screen refresh rate during a moderate to rapid yaw while using the "normal" HD telemetry setting. I think the 5 is an improvement, but I think we are bumping up against the limitations of the image transfer rate from the MPP.

I like the 5, and the ability to process 4k. However, for the sake of science, I'm going to continue some more experiments.

I think the 5 is an improvement, but I think we are bumping up against the limitations of the image transfer rate from the MPP.
Good point: with the MP1/MPP we have a live stream of 720p, the folks with the m2 pro/zoom will have 1080p stream: interesting to hear from M2 owners with the iPad Mini 5 if they experience some lag?

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
+1 for the mini5. I have the WiFi only 256 model, and I use it for all my flying apps as well as my music apps. The 4 model did well enough, but the 5 is a real beast......no lag, dropouts, and the screen is noticeably brighter.

Very pleased.

Jake

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d