DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad Mini 5

Yes, that was the object of this thread to see if anyone knows of a better price than Amazons 384.99.
No you're not going to find a better price! Let me ask you a question are you looking for wifi and Cellular or just WIFI?
Also, I bought a refurb that was Re certified and it works awesome w/ my MP!! Any reason why you are against a refurb model mate?

UPS just dropped it off. Will have to wait a few days to try it out cos of this danged old cancer radiation treatment.

I am not sure why anyone would be opposed to a refurb, generally other than some signs of usage, they work flawlessly and can save some $$ over new any day.. If your getting a recent model, you probably don't even need be concerned about battery issues that can creep up in older generations, though new model refurbs can be harder to find.

Apple's refurb site has the iPad Mini 5, 64GB, WIFI, for $339.. Comes with like new warranty, and usually look like new other than the box it comes in... Gazelle has some for $329 to $299 depending on rated condition.. still probably works fine, other than perhaps some wear and tear...

I am not sure why anyone would be opposed to a refurb, generally other than some signs of usage, they work flawlessly and can save some $$ over new any day.. If your getting a recent model, you probably don't even need be concerned about battery issues that can creep up in older generations, though new model refurbs can be harder to find.

Apple's refurb site has the iPad Mini 5, 64GB, WIFI, for $339.. Comes with like new warranty, and usually look like new other than the box it comes in... Gazelle has some for $329 to $299 depending on rated condition.. still probably works fine, other than perhaps some wear and tear...
Because I have been in the car business all of my life and no matter how good the tech is who is prepping the beautiful used Mercedes that was traded in their are always the chance of problems. And yes I know that new cars have problems too. Just my opinion.

Because I have been in the car business all of my life and no matter how good the tech is who is prepping the beautiful used Mercedes that was traded in their are always the chance of problems. And yes I know that new cars have problems too. Just my opinion.
And one more reason,,,,,, I got a 100.00 Amazon gift card for fathers day.

Comparing Tech to cars is not a comparison IMHO, I've bought a number of refurb tablets, computers, saving perhaps thousands of dollars, and never had an issue.. Most of them were replaced by new models over time because I wanted more performance.. Can you have a problem with a refurb, sure, I've had problems with new devices that were repaired or replaced.. however with most all Apple products (IMHO), I've had great success and saved big $$ by not getting new...

Comparing Tech to cars is not a comparison IMHO, I've bought a number of refurb tablets, computers, saving perhaps thousands of dollars, and never had an issue.. Most of them were replaced by new models over time because wanted more performance.. Can you have a problem with a refurb, sure, I've had problems with new devices that were repaired or replaced.. however with most Apple products (IMHO), I've had great success and saved big $$ by not getting new...
Happy for you. Not my choice.

Happy for you. Not my choice.
Its your money to spend, that extra $50-60 or so you might spend for the new box could get something else you need.. Apple refurbs are essentially as good as new, no difference other than the box... again your call... if you received it, and it works well, thats all that counts..

Reactions: Platinum 4 ever
Its your money to spend, that extra $50-60 or so you might spend for the new box could get something else you need.. Apple refurbs are essentially as good as new, no difference other than the box... again your call... if you received it, and it works well, thats all that counts..
I totally understand what you are saying. Please understand me. I don't buy used or refurbed.

picked one up last week for that price. looks brand new to me and works just like my other apple devices that were not refurbs.

Why do you prefer the mini over other display options (curious)
[/QUOTE/
I prefer it because it is easily balanced on top of the rc, does not sacrifice functionality, and fits perfectly in the fly more combo bag. I use my phone and laptop for editing at home and office. So...I really only use the ipad mini for flying the MA2, and recording those flights.

Reactions: Rchawks
If you don't have the cellular service, does the aircraft position indicator work properly??
Yes, that was my main question and I got my new Ipad mini 5 yesterday and verified it last night. Make sure that you calibrate the compass on the Ipad.

Here in the UK, the difference in price isn't really that different! Not worth buying a refurb here, from what I've seen...

Trying to be clear.. you have a Mini 5 that is wifi only and the aircraft position indicator works perfectly?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos