DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad mini orientation

what21

Reactions
Saw a video, I think it was somewhere on this forum, about how the magnetic cover strip on the iPad mini affects the sticks on the controller.
I have flown the Mavic about a dozen times with no problems with the mini home button to the left: mag strip next to the controller. But the video made sense so on my next flight I put the home button to the right. When everything was connected I got a compass calibration warning even though I was flying from the same spot.
So even though I did not have any problems originally, the mini's mag strip must have some effect on the controller and I think I'll continue to put the home button to the right.

I I have seen posts about people having problems calibrating their sticks with the home button on the left with an iPad Mini so therefore it I always keep mine to the right I have had no problems either

Your compass calibration has nothing to do with the RC. The compass that calibrates is IN the mavic. There ARE magnetic sensors in the RC sticks, so potentially a strong magnetic force close to the stick could affect the calibration of the RC, but I've never had any issue with 100s of flights using an Ipad Mini 4 with the home button on the left. I seriously doubt the weak magnet would impact the RC sticks from that distance.

I use my mini 4 with left home button orientation with zero issues . For me personally , i find it more comfortable with the cord at my left hand.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J