iPad mini and Mavic Pro

• iPad mini and Mavic Pro

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • iPad mini and Mavic Pro

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

minimpw

Reactions
Does anyone know if you can use an iPad mini instead of using an iPhone? In addition to that, if the iPad does not have internet, what are the functions that wont work?

Reactions: northernrider
you can use the iPad mini 2 at least thats what I use in addition but its a 4G one ... you wont be able to download any maps though but you could use a hotspot on your phone to do that anyway ...

Does anyone know if you can use an iPad mini instead of using an iPhone? In addition to that, if the iPad does not have internet, what are the functions that wont work?
You can use any iPad mini after the mini 2 (original won't work). When you say without internet, I assume you mean non cellular ( they all can connect to the internet).
The functions you lose are Follow Me, and the ability to re set the Home Point to the controller if you move position. You won't be able to load maps in a new location, but you can preload maps on your home internet before you go out to fly.

How much data will it use when you use your mobile phone for internet connection?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Next to nothing. Downloads a map, gps coordinates and that's about it. However, I always look at where I'm going beforehand and cache the map. Never had a problem

Reactions: treytexag
Next to nothing. Downloads a map, gps coordinates and that's about it. However, I always look at where I'm going beforehand and cache the map. Never had a problem

This may be a dumb question, but I have no idea how to cache maps on to an iPad. Is there videos that show and explain this process? Or where can I find out how to do this?

Thanks so much

In the GO app, under General Settings, enable the "Cache Map in the Background" function. Then connect to your home wifi and open the map in the GO app..scroll the map to the area where you want to fly..wait for the map to populate, and once it's loaded and showing clearly, you can close the app. When you get to your flying site, that area will have been cached in the app, and you're ready to go.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143