DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad mini

FWIW, the iPad Mini 2 is just as fast as the iPad Mini 3 and it also has the same retina screen.

IPad Mini 4 will not fit?
Why everyone using them with their Mavic's?
Confused.
I could be wrong but when I was in the store to check out the ipad mini tablet I took my mavic rc with me to test fit. Mini 2 fitted into rc arms ok but I could not get the mini 4 to fit without the fear of breaking the arms. As I said, maybe I just did not try hard enough.

Ummm...don't want to break the arms on my new Mavic controller or injure my new iPad mini 4. Interested to hear what others say.

Per the DJI Mavic specs, the controller can hold a device 6.5mm - 8.5mm thick, but the spec on the IPad Mini 4 says its 6.1mm thick. Will an iPad Mini 4 slip out of the controller arms, since the IPad Mini 4 is thinner than the controller slots?

Do you insert the iPad with, or without, a cover installed?

I bought an iPad Mini 4 mid-December shortly after getting my Mavic Pro.
The iPad Mini 4 fits perfectly in the controller, snug, but not too tight, (just right).
You cannot have a cover on the iPad Mini though.
Also, I was happy to find that when inserting the iPad Mini and extending the controller's arms to their maximum,
the controller's right arm does not press into the Mode switch, (which as has been reported in the past, would move the switch from GPS to Sport Mode).
I can easily switch from GPS to Sport Mode and back while having the iPad Mini 4 inserted, and have no issues with the Mode switch moving on it's own.

Reactions: jointeffort
Why r u not looking at the mini 3. I bought a 16 gig wifi for $278 Canadian. I only use it for flying. Fast and retina screen. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
The only difference between the mini2 and mini3 is the finger print scanner AFAIK. So why pay more for a "feature" that may not be required. I bought a new mini2 cellular to have as a dedicated monitor.

So I bought me a mini ipad2 on black friday just for my mavic. Will not be used for anything else. Its just a 32gb pad. So why do I need more storage on it? Isn't all the videos and pictures stored on the sd card in the mavic? Now I have a 128gb card for it. Also, so the ipad doesn't have gps? What features will I lose if this is the case? Thanks!

Reactions: rcheli9
203f97c13faa08775ce07e08f80b0597.jpg
im designing a mount for the iPad mini 4 that folds

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

All this discussion regarding mini 2 vs 4, the 5 will be out shortly as well. However using the Ipad (either one) in the contoller holder is not practical from a glare stand point. The glare difference between the 2 and the 4 is minimal both are terrible outside especially in the controller mount since the angle of view is limited. However it does help if you can get the Ipad to 90-degrees with a sftermarket holder. I just sold my 32gb mini 4 and bought a 128gb 4g LTE Ipad mini 2 for $250 (ebay). I had them both side by side could not see any difference in screen visibility on sunny or cloudy day, The mini 2 runs GO app just as efficient as the mini 4. So save your $$$ buy the mini 2 till the mini 5 comes out.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom