DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Pro 10.5" - 256GB or 512GB?

wxfloyd

Reactions
I'm looking at buying an iPad Pro 10.5" and can't decide if I save a little money and get the 256GB or go all in with a 512GB. I would be using it for flying (DJI Go and photogrammetry apps) and for post processing (mostly photos, eventually some video as I get more experience with video editing).
Either way, I'll be buying a refurbished one directly from Apple. I've always bought refurbished from Apple (3 iPads, 1 macbook pro), and have always been happy with the items.
I wanted to ask what people here are using and see if 256GB is adequate, or if I would be better off with 512GB.
Thanks!

I've had 2 iPad Pro 9.7's, one 128GB and one 256 GB. Unless you're storing a lot of large data directly on the iPad (movies, large local caches of files. etc), 256GB should be fine.

Currently Apple has refurbished 256GB iPad Pro 10.5" (wifi only) for $679. I've previously purchased 3 different ipads and 1 macbook pro, all refurbished, and couldn't tell a difference from new. They have the exact same apple warranty as a new product, and I can buy apple care if I choose.

Isn't cellular required if you want GPS?
Yes, the cellular models do have GPS while the WiFi models do not.
You only lose the Follow Me and dynamic return to home (change RTH location while in flight) with WiFi only models.

Reactions: bkushner
I don't see where you posted the price difference?

I don't see where you posted the price difference?

Refurbished 256GB iPad Pro 10.5” WiFi $649
Refurbished 512 GB iPad Pro 10.5” WiFi $849
So $200 difference between the two. For photos, I’d likely be using an Adobe subscription, which comes with cloud storage. Ideally, this iPad would also be used for everyday use, so I would have my music library, and maybe a few movies on it as well.
Just trying to decide if the $200 difference is worth it.

Yes, the cellular models do have GPS while the WiFi models do not.
You only lose the Follow Me and dynamic return to home (change RTH location while in flight) with WiFi only models.
You may lose more than that. Map accuracy for instance, if you get any map at all.

not sure map accuracy is dictated by screen device GPS, I thought that was based on aircraft GPS. Now map backgrounds however, would need some sort of data connection. For that, when I would need it, I would just use my iphone as a hotspot and connect the ipad to that. Or if I know where I'm flying ahead of time, I'll cache the maps in advance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu