DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad running 11.1 connects to Mavic but iPhone doesn't

lehidave

Reactions
This is weird. Both devices are running 11.1. iPad connects and works fine. iPhone does not. I called customer support and they are looking at it. Any ideas? iPhone is a 6s and iPad is a Air 2.

This is weird. Both devices are running 11.1. iPad connects and works fine. iPhone does not. I called customer support and they are looking at it. Any ideas? iPhone is a 6s and iPad is a Air 2.
What phone number are you calling? Thought that DJI said Go 4 was not yet ready for 11!

I have a similar problem, upgraded my iPad Pro and iPhone 6 Plus to latest iOS 11.01 and both work fine. However I got a new iPhone 7 Plus yesterday and that's fully updated and it just won't connect, shows 'Disconnected' on screen before you click Enter Device and then just a black screen with usual HUD with Disconnected shown in Grey in top left. I kind of hoped the new DJI Go 4 app update released this morning would fix it but it hasn't. This is a real bad bug.

I have read of other iPhone 7 users having problems, but I can help you there. Maybe do a search in the forum for iPhone 7 and see what pops up.

So I have researched into this iPhone Connection issues for the Go4 Application. It seems to me that when you add too many devices using different iOS firmware updates and you connect to a new device like mine was the iPhone 7s plus on iOS 11.1 from my iPhone 5s on iOS11.0.1 it seems to not recognize the firmware difference on the app and I tried deleting all cache and back loading my older backups with and without the DJI app on the restoring process??? I think you just have to use what will work instead of trying to work on the device you want to work I know I’d like to resolve this extremely upsetting matter myself. Let me know if anyone has more input
Both my iPhone 5s and iPad still fly my drone I would love the 7splus to work as well

It’s strange I had these same connection issues when I first got my iPhone 7 Plus and spent ages trying to figure it out, even to the point of nearly returning the phone. Anyway I found that if I connected everything in a specific order it would connect, strange but it works for me. The order is listed below, be real interesting to see if this works for someone else.

Turn on controller (without phone connected)
Turn on Mavic (wait until controller connects)
Plug in phone (no Go 4 running at this point)
Run Go 4 app

I have read that iOS 11.1.1 supposedly fixed the problem with 7+.
Unfortunately it does not. Although I don't have a 7+ but a new 8+, I've tried all steps and suggestions above but my Mavic still wont connect to the new phone.....

Same here with my X. Connects fine to my Spark but no go with the Mavic. Yet others, who have the same firmware / versions / setup are saying it works fine. Very frustrating!

Reactions: htenbos
This morning I have tried a few earlier versions of the DJI GO 4 app (4.1.13 and 4.1.16) to see if that could resolve the issue. Unfortunately the same result: no connection with the drone/RC

I saw that Apple released a minor bug fix release earlier today: 11.1.2. After upgrading and rebooting the device the DJI Go app is able to connect to the Mavic again !!
I have not been able to fly it yet but will try to do this tomorrow.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS