DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ipad users out there 9" and bigger tablets

spacecase

Reactions
I was going to opt for the ipad mini since so many liked the fit for remote. But I dont like the ergo dynamics of that. Iv got a ipad pro 9.7" tomorrow for 300 bucks I might pick up.

Are there a lot of people out there that use a big tablet, mount ok? It just seems with the mini the screen is so small. With the 9.7" ipad pro one can also now edit images.

I use a full size ipad alot, but you need to get a mount for the larger ipad. I use one like this.

mount.jpg

I use a iPad Pro 10.5” at work, so I would love to use it with Mavic Pro. any known mounts for these yet?

iPad Air 2 and SkyReat

20170921_180853_Medium.jpg

20170921_181030_Medium.jpg

I've been spoiled on the big screen and can't stand flying with my phone anymore :confused:

Reactions: WHAT IT DO?
Yea so thoses are kind of setups I was thinking, sweet.

Do you guys fly fpv with the ipad, or more to frame your shots in the air?

Im meeting to check out this ipad pro 9.7", good deal at 300 bucks I guess.

I find it rare for me to fly by L-O-S anymore unless I'm indoors :confused:

Mainly cause I can barely see the Mavic to begin with lol :rolleyes:

So yea another crazy video thanks snakeeater. To do that LOS, not going to happen, see your point.

Should I pick up that ipad pro? 9.7" screen seems to be what people are using on average.
300 bucks can go wrong I guess.

I have the mavmount love it but I should have bought the lanyard with it I would suggest you buy the lanyard with it if you go with that holder.

IMG_9983.JPGIMG_9984.JPG
iPad Pro 10.5” with a £10 mount and a lanyard
Hard to go back to my iPhone 6s+ now but I do occasionally for portability
The iPad is also great as I can edit the photos on there too

Oh and I like to still see the controller screen too so this setup is perfect for me

Sweet thats really funny. Went to check out the 9.7" ipad pro and it was just too small. Went to best buy and definitely the 10.5" was the winner. And now I now it fits too, so thanks.
Apple always did such a good job at screens. I cant think of a better application for the tablet then flying a drone. I always thought they were useless, but being able to tap on an image is wonderful.
Wow I looked at how android tablets work on this site and was like "oh Im getting a mac"....

I have an ipad pro 10.5 that I use exclusively for my mavic. I purchased the MavMount 2.0 and love it. You can use the MavMount in two positions. One is upright and it does block the RC screen and the other option is on the lower side where you will see both screens. I also purchased the lanyard and it works awesome.

You also need to consider the weight and balance of the iPad while holding it and using the RC. I find iPad mini 4 to be perfect regarding the above, 10.5 was a bit too heavy, imo.

Reactions: WAXMAN
View attachment 29754View attachment 29755
iPad Pro 10.5” with a £10 mount and a lanyard
Hard to go back to my iPhone 6s+ now but I do occasionally for portability
The iPad is also great as I can edit the photos on there too

Does having the iPad Pro that close to the antennae cause you any trouble? Loss of range?

I have the same mount as you but added a 4" section of 1/2" PVC pipe on the mounting post. This raised the iPad much higher so the antennae can rotate up fully vertical plus a few inches of clearance to spare. Turns out the I.D. of 1/2" schedule 40 PVC pipe is almost exactly the diameter of the round post. I just cut the post in half and add the pipe with glue.

I haven’t done any specific tests but doesn’t seem to affect it at all, the antennas still sit in the position they normally would.

I will try and test it at the weekend though if weather allows. I get pretty terrible range where I live anyway due to wifi density and a lot of tall trees

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom