DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Video Editor

NAUIDIVER

Reactions
Looking for recommendations for video editing solution for iPad Pro that also supports LUTs.

I splurged for the new iPad Pro. I travel a lot so the idea of being able to edit on the road is super appealing. Plus the reviews on the new iPad place it as faster than a 2018 13”MacBook Pro and on par with the best CPU MacBook 15”!!!

...now I need a solid editor and I’m good to go.

Luma FX.

Can use LUTS.

Edit 4K H265 ridiculously fast- the grading tools while basic work very well.

Really nice feature is support for WIFI NAS so local storage isn't an issue.

Reactions: NAUIDIVER
I also us Luma Fx.
A lot of higher end laptops and many desktop computers should be very embaressed- Luma FX on IPAd pro pulls the pants down on them. Even the last generation iPad Pro is super quick with Luma Fx.... you can get a good grade very quickly also, even without luts. Keyframes aren’t just a gimmic either. Money well spent.

Reactions: NAUIDIVER
Luma FX.

Can use LUTS.

Edit 4K H265 ridiculously fast- the grading tools while basic work very well.

Really nice feature is support for WIFI NAS so local storage isn't an issue.

So checking the App Store. Are you referring to LumaFusion?

There is a LumaFX but it’s a video effects editor.

Lumafusiion.... sorry. Lumafx is part of the bundle I think (also sold as a stand alone package)... I should have checked before I posted. I have checked now.

I got lumafusion but I can’t seem to see or open the mp4 files recorded by Mavic pro. What am I doing wrong?

I got lumafusion but I can’t seem to see or open the mp4 files recorded by Mavic pro. What am I doing wrong?

Hi,
You need to transfer the files from your mavic onto your device first, you should then be able to find them in LumaFusion.

What device are you using?

The way I work with Luma fusion has been to use a WD wifi NAS. I have just installed the iPad iOS beta and plan to test that shortly with a USB C SSD. I also have a hub with SD card reader. Another option if you have a fast connection is to enable iCloud.

It is worth persevering with. Luma fusion, while not having the full feature set of advanced desktop editors, has more than enough for most users (including LUT support) and runs ridiculously fast on iPad PRO.

Reactions: Coskier
I was trying to use an SD card but evidently, the adapter or card can't be read. I uploaded to my google drive from and then imported them in via the app. It is a workaround until I find a better solution/hardware to cut that step out. I will look at the WD wifi NAS as I am unfamiliar with that. Thanks!

Coskier said: "I use a WD My Passport Wireless Pro and it works great for accessing from my standard iPad to edit video in LumaFusion."

I have a iPad Pro 9.7" A1674. I've been doing some research and came across one item I'm still confused about.

<> A source from LumaFusion stated: "All media that you import into to LF needs to be stored on your IOS device in order to edit it." Question: Does this mean you can not transfer video from the M2P to a SSD/HD and then import it into LF? Same question but backward, can you save not on the iPad, but to the SSD/HD?

Thanks!

Coskier said: "I use a WD My Passport Wireless Pro and it works great for accessing from my standard iPad to edit video in LumaFusion."

I have a iPad Pro 9.7" A1674. I've been doing some research and came across one item I'm still confused about.

<> A source from LumaFusion stated: "All media that you import into to LF needs to be stored on your IOS device in order to edit it." Question: Does this mean you can not transfer video from the M2P to a SSD/HD and then import it into LF? Same question but backward, can you save not on the iPad, but to the SSD/HD?

Thanks!
At present luma fusion isn’t providing for access to external storage directly.

What I do is use the files app in IPAD iOS to copy from micro SD or portable HD to the luma fusion media directory. It is then available in Luma fusion. Finished projects can be exported to external storage in a similar manner.

I am very happy with the performance of SSD external storage now that iPad iOS allows access. In comparison to my earlier workflow (WD wifi storage) which is ridiculously slow by comparison.

Last edited:
Thanks WithTheBirds! I still have some more research before making sure LF maybe the editor I go for.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom