DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad with a mavic

SRJ_Mavic_PRO

Reactions
New to the group and will be getting a Mavic Pro this week. I want to use a iPad Air 2 or iPad Pro 9.7. What are my choices for add on mounts. What have you used and what would you recommend.

Thanks,
Stephen

I've tried a couple mounts. Mavmount is the best IMO. Keeps the controller well balanced.

Reactions: Aerial West
c2e13fab0df51aeb3e1b584173da3562.jpg

I decided upon an iPAD Mini 4 instead of my full size 9.7 Pro. I am not a fan of the mounts that sit above the controller. I like to be able to see both the FPV and the telemetry.

The picture above shows my iPhone 6Plus for size comparison.

c2e13fab0df51aeb3e1b584173da3562.jpg

I decided upon an iPAD Mini 4 instead of my full size 9.7 Pro. I am not a fan of the mounts that sit above the controller. I like to be able to see both the FPV and the telemetry.

The picture above shows my iPhone 6Plus for size comparison.

Check out this Mavic Pro holder. You will be able to see both the FPV and the telemetry

I only have the ipad mini.
But what i read in the description, that it's for 8 to 10 inch tablets.

Several good choices but I can give a +1 on the MavMount. Works great with my iPad Air 2. I think the best of all worlds is probably the iPad Mini 4 and clamping it right into the controller, but I already had an iPad Air 2 and saw no reason to buy another iPad just for flying. The MavMount works great with the larger iPads.

Thanks everyone. Just placed my order at Mavmount. Mavic will be here on Tuesday from B &H and hopefully so will the mount. Now as long as the snow storm misses us I'll be airborne then... Hope my P4P won't get jealous! :)

Again thanks for all the post!

This is my solution to using aniPar Air. Piece of Perspex and an AnyGrip. Had to unplug the phone cable and connect through the USB on centre of controller

Attachments

• IMG_2402.JPG
    IMG_2402.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 86
Reactions: Riseaknight
Several good choices but I can give a +1 on the MavMount. Works great with my iPad Air 2. The MavMount works great with the larger iPads.
Thanks for the endorsement! I have had a ton of people coming to the mavmount because the ballhead is the only one that will support the weight of the full sized 12.9" tablets. Too many cheap china ones have failed, having the ipad fall to the ground. :(

I purchased the MavMount v2 for my iPad Mini 4 with the optional lanyard and lanyard attachment The aluminum billet, that sits inside the controller arms, is rock solid and provides a very comfortable grip. The ball head is solid, but I did need to add a thread sealant to the ball head attachment after mounting the lanyard attachment. I use the Hoodman Aviator 2-piece hood and was concerned that the weight could loosenand spin on this attachment point. Notwithstanding this minor modification, this mount is rock solid and a real performer. I had recently purchased another mount which had been 3d printed and the plastic ball head would not hold steady. The Mavmount uses a metal ball head that you would typically find on a monopod or small tripod. The image below shows where I added the thread sealant to ensure the mobile device mount cannot spin when the ball head is locked.

MavMount-Loctite.jpg

I purchased the MavMount v2 for my iPad Mini 4.... I use the Hoodman Aviator 2-piece hood

Tom do you have pics of your whole set-up? Does it feel fairly well balanced?

This is without the hood right now with the iPad Mini 4, but it is still very comfortable with the Aviator hood when I'm wearing the lanyard.

MavMount1453.jpg MavMount1454.jpg

Mavmount looks sweet but not liking how it blocks out the controller screen.

Mavmount looks sweet but not liking how it blocks out the controller screen.
With the mavMount you can definitely set the clamp so you can see both the ipad, and the redundant screen on the controller as well, if you happen to have a mavic pro. of course, no other controller has the redundant screen, and remember, all the info on the controller is on the screen... and its better to get to know the normal screen telemetry than split your focus on two screens.

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
susnzhe