DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone 11 Touchscreen Not Responding When Connected to Controller

Streamside

Reactions
I recently bought an iPhone 11 Max Pro and have discovered that when the phone is connected to the Mavic Pro controller the touchscreen will not respond. I am using the latest version of DJI Go 4 and have downloaded the most recent firmware. When the controller is not connected the touchscreen responds fine, but not when it is connected. Any idea what may be going on? Thanks.

Welcome to the forum @Streamside!

If trying a different cable doesn’t help, you may want to un-install the Go 4 app, then re-install. I’ve had to do it for my Mavic Pro, with Go 4 on my old iPad Mini 4, and it resolved the touch screen issue I once experienced.

Because you’ve got one of the latest IOS devices, the mobile device can’t really be the problem. Please report back if any of these tips resolved the issue, or if you tried something else that worked.

Reactions: Streamside
Thanks very much for the replies. I tried your suggestions of replacing the cable and uninstalling / reinstalling DJI Go 4, but the problem is still there...

Reactions: pelagic_one
Have u updated to a recent ios update? Maybe that's the problem? Also are you using bottom usb port on remote? If not, then try that. Side port is too flimsy and should only ever be used for charges.... Also if u have both side cable and bottom USB hooked up that won't work
.. Only one port can be used for data pass thru

Thank you Mike, it looks like the side port was the problem, and using the bottom USB port solved the touchscreen issue.

Many thanks again for all who responded to my question!

Reactions: pelagic_one
THE PROBLEM IS BACK! The iPhone touchscreen while in DJI Go4 will not work, whether I am using the bottom USB port or the side port on the controller... Yikes.

I think the problem might be that the iPhone 11 is not compatible with DJI GO4. My phone is not on their list of supported devices. Ouch.

I think the problem might be that the iPhone 11 is not compatible with DJI GO4. My phone is not on their list of supported devices. Ouch.
For comparison, I upgraded from iPhone 8 Plus to iPhone 11, and have flown my M2P and MP with Go4 without an issue. Might this be happening on your phone while you have multiple apps open? Maybe try power-cycling your phone prior to launching Go4?

I’ve never had an issue. I suspect the omission is just it hasn’t been updated. The only devices they don’t support are older, less powerful ones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_