DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone 6 not connecting to mavic controller?

geardaddys

Reactions
Anyone else having problems with "Disconnected" message showing up on djiGO4 app while connected to the controller? I'm running iOS 11.2.5.. Deleted the Go4 app, and reinstalled, rebooted phone, tried different lightning cable.. Nothing.. Not on the side port of the controller, or the USB on the bottom.. Also tried my iPad pro running 11.2.3 (THink).. No joy there either..

is the aircraft connected to the controller? Its just not continuing to the ios device?
Firmware updates?

Ac,

Thanks, yes the controller is connecting to the mavic, but the DJI GO 4 app is saying "Disconnected".. I'm just fiddling with it now, and it appears that if I push the lightning plug in harder, it will temporarily connect, until I move the controller a little bit, then disconnects again.. hmmm.. I'm going to try the USB connection again, I just read that the side plug needs to be removed for the USB to connect.. I'm wondering if it's not a software issue, but a worn/bad lightning plug on the original DJI cable?

When this happens to me, it's usually because I didn't fire up all the necessary software and hardware components in the proper sequence. You probably know this already, but if not, do these things in this sequence.

1. Turn your phone all the way off and then back on.
2. Start the DJI GO app and get to the main screen.
3. Start the controller.
4. Start the phantom and wait for it to connect

DJI lightning cables are junk. So are most aftermarket lightning cables. I have one that has to have the phone side of the plug inserted only one side up, the other side doesnt work.
Yess, use the full size USB in the bottom of the controller, and unplug everything from the side plug. If you are wiggling the cable and making things happen, its the cable.

Yup.. It's the cable. Thought for sure it was a software problem.. I used an apple lightning/USB and disconnected the mavic cable from the side of the controller and it's rock solid.. no problems.. You guys have a suggestion for a good replacement cable with 90 deg turn at the lightning side and not too long so the cable dangles all over the place? Stock apple cable isn't a good fit as it stick out pretty far when you hold the controller.. Thanks fellas!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi