DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Iphone 6s Plus vs 7 Plus for Mavic Pro

idolezal

Reactions
Just bought Mavic Pro and would like to buy dedicated phone. From many info I decided for IOS and deciding between 6s Plus, 7 Plus and Mini 4.

My thoughts go as follows: if Mini 4 fits, it will be the first choice. I did see some posts saying Mini 4 does not fit any more after DJI adjusted design of the holder. When trying to fit Mini 4 in shop, I did not succeed to force it in.

Second option is between one of the Plus versions: 6s or 7. I can buy both discounted, 6s Plus is 150 EUR cheaper than 7 Plus.
On 6s Plus the advantage is cheaper price and expected longer battery life
On 7 Plus I see advantage higher speed/performance - will last longer, brighter screen for flying on direct sun, less issue reports than 6s

Which one would you recommend and why?
How many hours can you fly with 6s Plus and 7 Plus?

Last edited:
Ive used both, and yes the newer 7+ would be a way better option because of its better screen and speed.

Ive burned through 3 batteries and still have plenty of juice left in my 7+

Ive used both, and yes the newer 7+ would be a way better option because of its better screen and speed.

Ive burned through 3 batteries and still have plenty of juice left in my 7+

Thanks for reply. I learned 7 Plus should be 25% brighter than 6 Plus, but only when auto brightness is on. But isnt then an issue with ambient light sensor covered by RC unit or hand over it? I would expect this would mean auto brightness to be off, which would result in dimming the display? How do you handle this?

Last edited:
I set the brightness manually and then i can forget about it. Even on FULL brightness, your still not going to run the battery down enough on the phone for it to be a problem. Of course it depends how many Drone batteries you have, and always have a fully charged phone, drone, controller before flying (just in case) :)

I use a Mini 4, WiFi only, fits like a glove, get an antiglare screen protector. can't use a back protector unless you cut away the rubber mounts inside the jaws. I didn't cause I sometimes use my iPhone when I need GPS for follow me.
Za3Qi4vzQLem%uisLAvvzA_thumb_1216.jpg

I use a dedicated 7 Plus. Just perfect. Fly all the time offline and with screen brightness on full. 45% battery still after fly 6 batteries. For me it's the perfect combo!

Reactions: Mr Watton
I use a Mini 4, WiFi only, fits like a glove, get an antiglare screen protector. can't use a back protector unless you cut away the rubber mounts inside the jaws. I didn't cause I sometimes use my iPhone when I need GPS for follow me.
View attachment 27465

If Im correct, Mavic camera is 16:9 format, while Mini 4 is 4:3. Im correct that when using Mini 4, the side parts of the Picture are not displayed? I believe that is not an issue with Plus iPhones as these are 16:9 as well.

Why not buy a ipad 9.7. you can get them refurbished for about $110 and they work great with the Mavmount. After using this i can't imagine going back to a phone. I have 10 inches of screen to look at and it works good in bright sunlight. I also use the ipad 4 mini for my Osmo and that also works great. Its just a good option.

iPad mini 4 and a Samsung Galaxy S8+ are the 2 I use. Both are amazing , and both have there advantages & disadvantages over the other. The hone can get charged while flying and I can charge the controller all at the same time while flying. The vids can be downloaded to the phone in 4K and played on the screen and edited too. The iPad has the bigger screen but you cant download the higher pixel / 4K videos to it. Having both with me at all times while I fly gives me best of both worlds: Lets me decide what one is needed most at each location. Now Im in need of buying a decent pack pack to haul all my gear. Love this Drone.

I use a dedicated 7 Plus. Just perfect. Fly all the time offline and with screen brightness on full. 45% battery still after fly 6 batteries. For me it's the perfect combo!
Same setup here except I use my other phone as a hotspot

Yes I can use my Galaxy S8+ as a hot spot but then Id have to turn airplane mode back off on the iPad. If I stay in one place I dont need to update GPS location once I fire up the MP. I'll have to check this all out a bit more once I start venturing out and about.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tienvn1904