DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone Battery Level - False Reading

Jon6565

Reactions
Last night - on the first couple of flights - maybe 3 or 4 since buying the drone yesterday, the iPhone switched off, by all accounts this was due to the battery running out. That was a possible scenario as I was not really aware of how quickly the phone would discharge when being used in conjunction with the controller. Fortunately I had 'just' landed the drone.

When I tried to switch the phone on I got the battery indicator with a red line and a 1% charged indication. Later I tried switching on again and the phone actually had 42% battery remaining. I have had my iPhone 6s Plus for almost 2 years and this has never happened before and I have used it in conjunction with a 3DR Solo controller also. Just now (checking settings) I had a Controller with 99%, a flight battery with 95% and a green charge indication on the app of 44% but the phone actually had 60+% charge.

Has anyone else had any anomalous issues with their iPhone battery charge indication?

Only suggestion I could make is to NOT use the flat cable from your iPhone to the controller that rides in the left arm guide. Many problems are suspected with that connection.

Try a Real iPhone cable from your lightning port to the USB connector in the middle of the Controller arms, on the Remotes chassis.

Just a suggestion.

Only suggestion I could make is to NOT use the flat cable from your iPhone to the controller that rides in the left arm guide. Many problems are suspected with that connection.

Try a Real iPhone cable from your lightning port to the USB connector in the middle of the Controller arms, on the Remotes chassis.

Just a suggestion.
No, does connect through the USB Port in the centre...

You need to disconnect the micro USB cable from the side port on the controller to be able to use the bottom USB port.
If there's nothing connected to it, why?
Besides, you can use it to charge the RC with a mobile power tank, while using the bottom usb for you mobile device..
The bottom port does not supply or accept power to/from devices.

If there's nothing connected to it, why?
Besides, you can use it to charge the RC with a mobile power tank, while using the bottom usb for you mobile device..
The bottom port does not supply or accept power to/from devices.

Because the bottom port is not active until you physically disconnect the cable from the port on the side even if there's no device connected to it. Don't believe me? Try it yourself..

Reactions: rockydog
Just an update on this. It has happened again a couple of times and it seems to be when my phone goes below approximately 30% charge. It just shuts down.

The other thing I tried was using the front USB port to the phone. This does not work. I am using the standard Apple charger lead (USB/Lightning). Should it be a dedicated data cable with the same plugs? It doesn't work this way anyway. I would like to use my ipad.

Just an update on this. It has happened again a couple of times and it seems to be when my phone goes below approximately 30% charge. It just shuts down.

The other thing I tried was using the front USB port to the phone. This does not work. I am using the standard Apple charger lead (USB/Lightning). Should it be a dedicated data cable with the same plugs? It doesn't work this way anyway. I would like to use my ipad.
Check on the link below. I don't know if it applies to the 6s Plus as well as the 6s, but it would be worth checking, I had the problem with my 6s, and Apple replaced the battery.
iPhone 6s Program for Unexpected Shutdown Issues - Apple Support

Check on the link below. I don't know if it applies to the 6s Plus as well as the 6s, but it would be worth checking, I had the problem with my 6s, and Apple replaced the battery.
iPhone 6s Program for Unexpected Shutdown Issues - Apple Support
Thanks rockydog... I just entered my serial number and it's not one of them.

The phone is about 20 months old and this is the first time this has happened since acquiring the Mavic on Thursday last week.

To repeat what I posted earlier...have you removed the micro USB cable from the side port on the controller before trying to use the USB port on the bottom ?

To repeat what I posted earlier...have you removed the micro USB cable from the side port on the controller before trying to use the USB port on the bottom ?
Yes. I removed that first and used the standard white Apple charger lead in the centre USB port to the phone.

Thanks rockydog... I just entered my serial number and it's not one of them.

The phone is about 20 months old and this is the first time this has happened since acquiring the Mavic on Thursday last week.

I have the same phone and same age too but the only time I got a false battery reading was when I used a Xiaomi battery bank to charge my phone one time. When it was 'fully charged' it would suddenly dip to 40% then turn off. When powering back on showed about 20%. I thought **** this I'm back to using my OEM charger!
That was my experience with a power bank though and have had no problems with my phone battery issues when connected to RC but if you have used a battery bank recently that could well be the culprit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov