DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone screen dims after 10 minutes flying

Heat. Just try keeping it in the shade and try to cool it when possible. Taking it out of the case helps
Thanks for the response! This is crazy! I nearly had a heart attack when my iPhone-11 screen totally went black screen. Lucky my Air 2S was within visual view, then I landed drone. I cant believe I got a $1000.iPhone-11 and this DJI device will heat up my iPhone-11...insane. Thanks I will try out the options greatly appreciated...reggie

All those having the heat issue, can you check your battery health Settings-Battery-Battery Health.
I have been having this heat up problem and screen goes dim (Phone trying to protect itself)
Today, I setup the Air 2 s in my office and temperature inside 75 degrees, plus I have no lights on in the office. I powered up the drone and controller. I was checking for updates. So less than 5 minutes later, my phone was super hot already- inside in temperature controlled, no sunlight. My battery health is only 85%. From what I have heard and understanding, once the battery health starts declining the problem will become more prevalent. (the phone didn't use to do this and I flew 1 hour no problems, but now not even 10 minutes and problems).

All those having the heat issue, can you check your battery health Settings-Battery-Battery Health.
I have been having this heat up problem and screen goes dim (Phone trying to protect itself)
Today, I setup the Air 2 s in my office and temperature inside 75 degrees, plus I have no lights on in the office. I powered up the drone and controller. I was checking for updates. So less than 5 minutes later, my phone was super hot already- inside in temperature controlled, no sunlight. My battery health is only 85%. From what I have heard and understanding, once the battery health starts declining the problem will become more prevalent. (the phone didn't use to do this and I flew 1 hour no problems, but now not even 10 minutes and problems).
Maximum capacity is listed as 95% on my iPhone 12 Pro.

My battery health was fine on my 12pro and it did this. I just flew for the first time yesterday with my brand new 13pro and it dimmed as well, in only 80 degrees F while I was standing in the shade from a tree. Now, yesterday I had left my case on figuring it was cool enough and wanting to see what would happen so obviously I'll go back to no case while flying.

It seems the DJI app takes a lot of resources. Couple that with the OLED screens on the Pro phones and a lot of heat is generated even without direct sun hitting the screen, which is a giant black surface that readily absorbs solar radiation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143