DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IPhone temperature causing dim screen with DJI fly

It sounds like this is an advertisement for TripleTek, when you can just set the phone to Charge from the DJI controller and it will stop the dimming.

Well known issue that's all about Apple doing temperature management of the phone. Only real solution is throw money at the problem:

Yep.

Solved my issue with the iPad mini 4 running the apps with a CPU error and dim screen.

I've been having this issue for some time now with my iPhone 12 Pro Max. I use my iPad mini, when possible, but it has a problem stitching 360 panoramas'. I've actually been looking into other phone options as I'm tired of this issue with the iPhone. Had the same issue with my iPhone XS Max too.

Many devices work the same. There are DJI rc’s and some like Tripletek, but they are not inexpensive

It's DJI issue.... both iOS and Android... dji fly get more resource of your phone. All device get hot with this app.

Solution: buy one android device 6GB Ram and chip >= snapdragon 855.

I was about to buy an Air 2s but now considering the M3P with the controller with the screen because I have an iPhone 13 mini. I haven't had any problems with my Mavic Air, but it is using the DJI Go4 app. Will my iPhone 13 mini overheat?

I was about to buy an Air 2s but now considering the M3P with the controller with the screen because I have an iPhone 13 mini. I haven't had any problems with my Mavic Air, but it is using the DJI Go4 app. Will my iPhone 13 mini overheat?
No. however, if you're in a warm climate and your Mini takes direct sun while you're flying, after a potentially short time the screen could fade making it very hard to see.

Also, the iPhone Mini screen is relatively small of course, which unless you have stellar eye sight, some of the on screen settings displays will be quite small, even when the screen is normal brightness..

So I have tried not charging while using ´Fly’ on my iPhone 8; still overheating. I am starting to wonder if this issue is related to DJI at all? Left my iPhone in the sun a few minutes with nothing running and nothing in the ´background’ and the screen was very dim. Do not remember my phone being that sensitive to the sun.

Comments?
Just flew my Air 2S with iPhone 8. Went into drone settings with DJI remote. Turned On phone charging. No more dimming on iPhone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty