DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone upgrade to iPhone 12

Duggy

Reactions
Hi , hope you’re all well. Using iPhone 6 Plus with MA1, due upgrade, looking at iPhone 12. My question, can anyone advise best iPhone for best screen to use. I’m thinking iPhone 12 max pro. Probably upgrading drone later in 2021. Any advice much appreciated. TIA.

It all depends on what you're willing to carry. Being old with not as good of eyesight as I used to have, I like to get as large of screen as possible. Plus the Max has more zoom if you're planning on doing much photography with it.

Reactions: Duggy
It all depends on what you're willing to carry. Being old with not as good of eyesight as I used to have, I like to get as large of screen as possible. Plus the Max has more zoom if you're planning on doing much photography with it.
Thanks. Just trying to see if anyone is using an iPhone 12 pro Max. Looking for a big phone screen, but not wanting to buy a phone not compatible with DJI.

iPhone 12 Pro works just fine for me. 12 Pro Max is too big of a phone for me to carry around.
Thanks. I would prefer the larger screen size of the 12 pro max, but if nobody comes back who is using it, I’ll probably go with the 12 pro.

iPhone 12 Pro Max will work just fine. Similar phone only bigger.

Only 6.6mm= 017⁄64in wider than the12 Pro so using the controller bracket isn’t an issue.

I have the 12 pro max, work’s good,it will barely fit in the controller with case on phone, Make sure you change the emergency call buttons on phone, if not you will call 911 trying to put it in controller, Yes it happened...

I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max and it fits the controller great. I had to take off my Apple leather case because the controller was scratching it. Other than that I recommend

I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max and it fits the controller great. I had to take off my Apple leather case because the controller was scratching it. Other than that I recommend
Thanks, ordered that iPhone now ?

Hi , hope you’re all well. Using iPhone 6 Plus with MA1, due upgrade, looking at iPhone 12. My question, can anyone advise best iPhone for best screen to use. I’m thinking iPhone 12 max pro. Probably upgrading drone later in 2021. Any advice much appreciated. TIA.
Never use the phone...I am an iPad fan. Bigger image for my eyes, and no phone call interruptions during my flight

Never use the phone...I am an iPad fan. Bigger image for my eyes, and no phone call interruptions during my flight
Tried one but iPad covered the RC, also seemed heavy and unbalanced, bracket fits to bottom of RC on MA1. Not got an iPad mini, but will look at the options when I upgrade drone. biggest screen is a must for me also. Thanks ? for the input.

Tried one but iPad covered the RC, also seemed heavy and unbalanced, bracket fits to bottom of RC on MA1. Not got an iPad mini, but will look at the options when I upgrade drone. biggest screen is a must for me also. Thanks ? for the input.
Yes- it covers the RC but I don't really look at the RC once it is connected. I can feel my thumb controls. HAVE A LOOK AT MY SET UP.

I got the Skyreat holder from Amazon.
iPad in Skyreat Holder-rear view.jpgiPad in Skyreat Holder.jpgiPad-SkyreatHolder-sideView.jpgSkyreat-holder-side viewe.jpgSkyreatHolder-1-.jpg

Yes- it covers the RC but I don't really look at the RC once it is connected. I can feel my thumb controls. HAVE A LOOK AT MY SET UP.

I got the Skyreat holder from Amazon.
View attachment 121867View attachment 121868View attachment 121869View attachment 121870View attachment 121871
Probably not confident enough to fly without seeing the RC. Your setup looks good. Maybe should have got a more expensive bracket as I couldn’t tighten the iPad enough to stop it moving everywhere with any hand movement. I appreciate all advice on this ?

Thanks for all your replies. Got the iPhone 12 pro max now, unable to fly due to lockdown but connected indoors. Fits good and picture quality is much improved from iPhone 6+. ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy Green