DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone Users

Top Hat

Reactions
How do you power ON the phone once it's already secured to the RC and the HOME button is no longer accessible?

First, my phone is already on. Second, you don't use the home button to turn on the phone.

Wake it up would be a better term. I bought a cheap phone holder that clips to a belt. I mounted the holder on a piece of plywood that slips into the folding arms on the rc. I can either unclip the phone or else just leave it in the holder. The home button and entire screen are completely visible when mounted on the rc. I bought an iphone 8 and dedicated it to only the drone system.
The iphone was supposed to be the wifes upgrade, but she didn't really like it so I commandeered it for the drone.
My setup adds just a little weight but the ease of use is well worth it. Makes plugging the cable in a whole lot easier too.

Wake it up would be a better term. I bought a cheap phone holder that clips to a belt. I mounted the holder on a piece of plywood that slips into the folding arms on the rc. I can either unclip the phone or else just leave it in the holder. The home button and entire screen are completely visible when mounted on the rc. I bought an iphone 8 and dedicated it to only the drone system.
The iphone was supposed to be the wifes upgrade, but she didn't really like it so I commandeered it for the drone.
My setup adds just a little weight but the ease of use is well worth it. Makes plugging the cable in a whole lot easier too.

Yes this is what I meant "Wake it Up".
So, seems like there's no better way except to fabricate something.
Thanks.

I have an iphone x so that little problem is kinda solved. I say kinda as if you clip it underneath the controller in the clamps they cover the sensors that are used by the facial recognition functionality on the phone. Slightly annoying but you do get the option of keying in your passcode to get in. Viewing what the camera on the drone is seeing on this phone is simply awesome I have to say. I'm due a new ipad in a weeks time so i may look into a mount with a sun hood just to try that although I think the weight of the ipad may put me off in which case I'm happy to stick with my phone. I still can't get out of the habit of watching the drone and where it's heading rather than using the screen...maybe that will come with time :)

Reactions: InvisibleName
I use a Mavmount 3 for my iPad, the weight doesn't factor in with this - nice, balanced mount with neck strap

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580