DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone Without Data + Mavic 2 Controller

MAVIC_2_YTS

Reactions
Good evening forum,

Currently I have a functional work provided iPhone 6 which I had originally planned to use with my Mavic Pro Controller. However, the screen is rather small and the battery life is less than ideal. I do have an opportunity to grab a new iPhone 8+ quite cheaply with no data package but am wondering if that would work?

From previous reading / research the phone just needs GPS capability (which it has), is this correct? Worst case scenario I could make my work phone (unlimited data) a hot spot and connect that way but wondering if even that is required?

Also, anyone else use an iPhone 8+ with their MP2, any issues? I see it shows up with a "green dot" on the supported devices list but curious on real world experience.

Thanks in advance.

Good evening forum,

Currently I have a functional work provided iPhone 6 which I had originally planned to use with my Mavic Pro Controller. However, the screen is rather small and the battery life is less than ideal. I do have an opportunity to grab a new iPhone 8+ quite cheaply with no data package but am wondering if that would work?

From previous reading / research the phone just needs GPS capability (which it has), is this correct? Worst case scenario I could make my work phone (unlimited data) a hot spot and connect that way but wondering if even that is required?

Also, anyone else use an iPhone 8+ with their MP2, any issues? I see it shows up with a "green dot" on the supported devices list but curious on real world experience.

Thanks in advance.
It will work fine.

Reactions: MAVIC_2_YTS
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+