DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone won’t connect after fresh iOS install

infors

Reactions
Hi!

I recently erased my iPhone due to other issues and reloaded it from scratch. Ever since then I’ve not been able to connect the Mavic to DJI Go. The app seems to work fine but it just shows disconnected.

I’ve tried with the side cable and a lightning cable plugged into the bottom of the controller but it doesn’t help. In both cases I get the ding and vibration as usual when connecting the controller but it still shows disconnected.

I tried switching the Mavic to WiFi and it works perfectly on the phone.

I also tried using my iPad and that connects straight away with no issues.

I’ve tried various orders of starting devices, reinstalled the app, restarted the phone etc but nothing helps. Can anyone out there suggest something I can try?!

Did you go thru the linking procedure? You have to link or get your Rc recognized by the drone. It's in the manual but as I recall you restart drone and Rc and go4 then in the go 4 drone/Rc menus there is a link command and a little button by the micro sd slot on the drone that must be pushed.
Should do the trick.

Did you go thru the linking procedure? You have to link or get your Rc recognized by the drone. It's in the manual but as I recall you restart drone and Rc and go4 then in the go 4 drone/Rc menus there is a link command and a little button by the micro sd slot on the drone that must be pushed.
Should do the trick.
I don't think that's the issue. The RC connects to the drone fine. I can fly without my phone. It's the connection between the RC and the phone that isn't working. Everything works with my iPad mini4. Used to work fine on the iPhone until I erased the iPhone. Im on iOS 11.0.2 before and after erasing my iPhone. I've tried airplane mode no luck. Tried turning off Bluetooth too.

Oops sorry. Will think about it. Has to be software based since thats the only thing you changed. Would figure a call to dji tech would be fastest way to get back in the air. Sure they will statt by telling you to reload the app, refresh the firmwareof the drone with assistant 2 and then do a full calibration of imu, compass and gimbal. Might be a good idea to do all this before you call so you can push on to look for other solutions without having to call back.
Thats all ive got, good luck
Oops sorry. Will think about it. Has to be software based since thats the only thing you changed. Would figure a call to dji tech would be fastest way to get back in the air. Sure they will statt by telling you to reload the app, refresh the firmwareof the drone with assistant 2 and then do a full calibration of imu, compass and gimbal. Might be a good idea to do all this before you call so you can push on to look for other solutions without having to call back.Thats all ive got, good luck

I would Imagine, since the post is almost a year old, and he never responded to others, he figured it out.

For you that are late to the party,
UPDATE IOS, UPDATE FIRMWARE, UPDATE DJI Go4.
Make SURE you cable is good and data capable, make sure you are only using ONE of the USB ports on the RC, unplug even an unused cord from the one you DONT use.
Make sure the iphone connector is clear of debris. If you carry it in a pocket alot, lint builds up in the connector, and every time you plug in a charge cable it packs it into the bottom of the connector. First thing this effects is data, as it gets worse you have to jiggle the connector in the phone to get it to charge.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078