DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone X disconnecting from the controller

Steve J

Reactions
This seems to happen off and on when I put the phone in the "jaws" of the RC, using the DJI included little connector. Using the phone with a shade holder and an apple lightning cable, it happens much More often. Reading previous posts in the forum, cleaning out the phone's lightning port hasn't done anything. I haven't tried a new cable however. Apple cables have a terrible reputation but this happens with an apple cable and an Amazon basics cable.

Note the MA is still attached to the RC, so there's no danger. It's just irritating and if the drone is far away, the RTH button on the controller is the answer.

The posts on this issue look pretty old... does anyone have any new advice? Have I missed something? There are higher quality cables for sale-- any brand suggestions?

Have you tried using the USB port at the bottom of the rc?

Sorry for being unclear--- I'm having the problem using the standard USB port on the bottom of the controller.

I'll try that. I guess the cellular traffic could be tripping up the DJI software.

I use cables made by ANKER
These seem too be very good quality

Followup-- Putting the phone in airplane mode solved the problem. Maybe it should be named Drone mode.

Thanks all!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jtlesn