DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is .900 worth it for goggles?

PaoloOne

Reactions
I am happily on the .700 firmware, both my Mavic and the Goggles.
Are there some really worthy improvements with the .900 firmware or for filming is all the way disable head tracking?
Thanks!

I personally have chosen not to upgrade to .900. They have some nice improvements but I routinely use the HDMI and anything later than .700 has an issue where the HDMI signal isn’t using the full screen and is scaled down slightly but enough to notice.

Yes, I am with you, I know this issues, what I would like to know if this improvements are really increasing how "cinematic" could be the head tracking because as much as I know that is the area that this improvements are focused. I think you can set sort of EXP params for the head movement responsiveness.
Can anybody give me some details and experiences?

Well, nobody was giving me an answer and since starting from today it is possible to rollback also the Goggles to .700 I decided to give a go.
Indeed the response to the movements is more natural and fluid, so for the purpose of filming the upgrade seems to be worth it.
Conditions allowing will test them soon.

I'm gonna do the update before I decide if I want to keep them or not. My initial test found that the head movements were waaaay to sensitive. Made it almost impossible to use the mode for good video or shots

Only to .700 for now, the keyword is "pyduml" , PM message me if you need more info. Rolling back goggle firmwares is possible since last Saturday.
Then I'm still not upgrading. While .700 doesn't have the issue of HDMI scaling, fixing the issue requires downgrading to .600 first before upgrading back .700. :/

Then I'm still not upgrading. While .700 doesn't have the issue of HDMI scaling, fixing the issue requires downgrading to .600 first before upgrading back .700. :/
I guess you can consider trying the .700 and do a factory reset, that should solve the issue. I think that the .600 FW for the goggles will never be retrieved.

I guess you can consider trying the .700 and do a factory reset, that should solve the issue. I think that the .600 FW for the goggles will never be retrieved.
I tried that the first time when I initially downgraded. Downgrading to .600 is required first.

I'm gonna do the update before I decide if I want to keep them or not. My initial test found that the head movements were waaaay to sensitive. Made it almost impossible to use the mode for good video or shots

You can adjust the sensitivity.

Reactions: lawlessgraphics
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev