DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is a 12.9" iPad Pro just ridiculous as a drone screen?

Fully understand. The new iPad Pro 12.9 M-1 has my eye as well. Planning on ordering one next Friday. The 1600 nit brightness will be awesome. As for the weight, it only weighs 1.5 lbs. At age 69, I need a big and bright screen. No problem on mounting. Polar Pro has a real nice one. Have been using the iPad 11 inch with no problem other than the 600 nit brightness. Looking forward to using the 12.9 New iPad Pro.
If you currently have the iPad 12.9 M.1 (4th gen) are you having trouble connecting it to the controller cause I don’t think the controller is able to provide enough power to charge it

If you currently have the iPad 12.9 M.1 (4th gen) are you having trouble connecting it to the controller cause I don’t think the controller is able to provide enough power to charge it
No problems in connecting iPad 12.9 (5th Gen) to controller. To my knowledge, the controller does not provide a charge to the iPad. Works great for me.

I’m having issues getting the Mavic air 2 controller to recognise the iPad Pro 12.9 4th gen. It’s not anything to do with cables as I’ve tried multiple and both work fine when not connected to the controller. I reached out to dji and they said they have been having issues with the app so hopefully the next update fixes this issue

I’m having issues getting the Mavic air 2 controller to recognise the iPad Pro 12.9 4th gen. It’s not anything to do with cables as I’ve tried multiple and both work fine when not connected to the controller. I reached out to dji and they said they have been having issues with the app so hopefully the next update fixes this issue
Not sure what the problem is. I just connected my iPad 12.9 5th Gen to the Mavic 3 controller and did not have any problems....works perfectly. Using a apple USB C to USB C cable. I hope that DJI can help you out with the connection.

I had this problem too. I was using the original white apple usb-C to usb-C cable that came with my ipad. It wasn’t connecting to my DJI controller and then I found somewhere on the internet saying to try flipping the usb-C cable where you plug it into the controller. I did that and it worked! Try it…. I know usb-C cables are supposed to work in either orientation but they don’t when plugged into my Air 2s controller…

I had this problem too. I was using the original white apple usb-C to usb-C cable that came with my ipad. It wasn’t connecting to my DJI controller and then I found somewhere on the internet saying to try flipping the usb-C cable where you plug it into the controller. I did that and it worked! Try it…. I know usb-C cables are supposed to work in either orientation but they don’t when plugged into my Air 2s controller…
Still nothing unfortunately, have tried multiple cables swapped them around and still not connecting to the iPad. The weird thing is that the little lightning symbol will show up for about half a second on the iPad indicating that’s its getting charge but then it will disappear and say “not charging”. Really unsure what to do now :(

Still nothing unfortunately, have tried multiple cables swapped them around and still not connecting to the iPad. The weird thing is that the little lightning symbol will show up for about half a second on the iPad indicating that’s its getting charge but then it will disappear and say “not charging”. Really unsure what to do now :(
I hate to hear about the connection problem that you are having. You may want to take your iPad to the Apple Store and have them check the charging/connection port out. There maybe a pin that is not lined up properly or some debris that has collected inside. Apple is good about checking your device out for problems. Good luck.

I have an Ipad pro 11 and I am having the same issue. I have purchased about 7 different USB-C to USB-C cables and nothing makes it work. I purchased even the Insignia cable that was posted here in the forum. It just does not work for me, however, the Ipad mini with the lighting to USB-C cable works perfectly.

There's a long thread on this issue in the Mavic 3 forum section and seems to be related to specific Ipad Pro models:

Correct me if I'm wrong here but the iphone and ipad max. stated brightness is only for a short duration and as soon as they get hot the brightness drops quite a bit. Therefore, you are not really getting that 1,000 or 1,600 NITS because that won't last long before you are down in the 6-700s again.

As another here has stated, I have the S.C. which is 1,000 NITS but when I am in need of a truly bright screen, then I attach my FeelWorld 7 inch screen to my SC via the HDMI port on each. There is nothing brighter for around $235 that the FEELWORLD 2,200 NITS model. They make a range of monitors, so be sure you are looking at the 2,200 NITS model. I believe they now offer a touch screen version and still about the same price.

These beat any ipad or other monitors for brightness, price and weight combined. I bought mine off ebay brand new as an open box and it cost me $170. Who doesn't like 2,200 NITS?

Reactions: BrianVivian

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura