DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is anyone else doing this??

Qoncussion/Donnie - Once you have all of the video how many hours of editing does it take and what is you editing experience? Don't think I will ever try this but just curious. VERY impressive stuff.

It's hard to say because I haven't finished that project. But I can tell that it's going to be a lot of hours.

First off, being my first "construction" video, I went against my own better judgement and work filming protocol and shot in "Normal mode" with AWB instead of D-Log and hard coding the White Balance. After roughly 10 shoots, I got that "bad feeling" in my gut and started shooting D-Log. So, for me, color matching and color correction are going to be fairly time consuming.

Then, aligning the footage is time consuming because the bird didn't always fly as consistently as I would have liked. This goes for location AND velocity. So I have to figure exactly WHERE in the video I want to transition, and then it takes a very long time to get that transition as close to perfect as possible. That was in Sony Vegas Pro...which I'm proficient at. Now I'm thinking of diving into Premiere Pro. I'm finding a couple of things that are vexing about Premiere. In Vegas, I could move the footage around with my mouse and align it in real time. I could then move forward 15-30 frames, re-align, and on and on. In Premier, I have to adjust the footage first on the X axis then on the Y axis. Oh...and the footage disappears WHILE moving it. So I have to move it a little, look, move it a little, look again, etc. There *may* be an easier way of doing this and maybe a way to keep the footage from disappearing, but I haven't figured it out yet. I spent literally 2 hours on one transition last night. That said, with the Lumetri tools, color matching and correcting is much easier than Vegas.

So the short answer is, I don't know....<;^) Probably 20-30 hours....maybe more.

D

I'm working on a similar project that will likely run 3 or so years - documenting the rebuilding of a local neighborhood after a massive fire. Flying the same Litchi route every month to watch the changes. Have 4 months done so far.

I'm working on a similar project that will likely run 3 or so years - documenting the rebuilding of a local neighborhood after a massive fire. Flying the same Litchi route every month to watch the changes. Have 4 months done so far.
I like that concept. We recently had a huge fire in California. I live about 80 miles from the blaze. But I can see where watching an entire neighborhood redevelop would make for a good long-term project. Hmmmmm. You got me thinking now :)

Now that's just really cool. Beautifully done. That's an incredibly creative transition effect.

In my case, using a drone - you really want the shot to be in motion. And, I will admit that those transitions, while not nearly perfect, took hours to align. In most cases they are just 'good enough'. Unfortunately, I found that even with a pre-programmed Litchi mission, the camera tilt and the drone's trajectory were never the same, from flight to flight; close, but not quite.

Great ideas and very well done. I’ve never used litchi before but I have a question related to it’s functionality. Does it remember or, is it capable of remembering the camera tilt and movements on a pre-programmed mission?

Great ideas and very well done. I’ve never used litchi before but I have a question related to it’s functionality. Does it remember or, is it capable of remembering the camera tilt and movements on a pre-programmed mission?
Yes, set tilt at each waypoint, or use POI and Litchi will set the tilt for you.

Reactions: EGS
Yes, set tilt at each waypoint, or use POI and Litchi will set the tilt for you.
Great! I’m considering getting litchi soon. Thanks for your help and keep up the great work. It’s inspiring.

I've spent some time this year flying multiple Litchi missions at two different locations, to create a single shot that changes with the seasons. I just finished editing this one today...

I completed this one earlier this year. This one really turned out nice - if I may say so myself :)

If anyone else is doing this, please post your work. I'd love to see it!

Wow! Simply awesome!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet