DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is anyone else with a fold-out-phone-holder type Mavic xyz controller beginning to dislike the fold out system and the inherent device connection?

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103366

When I first saw these ( I bought an ex display dummy controller to fiddle with) I thought the idea was great, really great. Without doubt it results in a very neat and compact controller that is easy to handle.
However, having got my Mini, I am finding I am beginning to dislike it due to the fiddle in connecting and disconnecting the phone and the difficulty of retrieving the plug from the fold-out-arm's innards when I want to reconnect the phone for the flying session. Maybe it's easier with thin, delicate fingers but with mine it is a fiddle. Given the fragility of micro USB connections this fiddling is also beginning to give me concerns about the longevity of my phone's connector.
I was contemplating shaving the rubber innards, and may yet do so, but I have actually now ordered a tablet holder to get away from this system.

The lanyard attachment thing is something that also probably favours a phone holder. I am not overly keen on the commercial options available for the standard set up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy