DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I connect the Mavic 2 controller to phone / tablet by wifi?

Greekislandlover

Reactions
OK, I know the controller is connected to the phone or tablet by putting the device in the jaws of the controller and using the leads to connect the two together. But at the moment I'm playing with active track and I've not managed to find a good way to mount the controller and phone on my bike handlebars. I've tried putting the whole lot over my neck with a strap, and I've tried straps and elastic to strap it to the handlebars.

The problem is that it is just the wrong shape to mount easily. I was wondering if the controller has a wifi connection so I can place the controller apart from the phone, and just mount the phone on the handlebars with the two connected by wifi. Not sure it has that capability?

I was wondering if the controller has a wifi connection so I can place the controller apart from the phone, and just mount the phone on the handlebars with the two connected by wifi.
No ... it's not possible

OK thanks. I thought not as I did use Google before posting, just double checking.

no it has to be a cable from RC to device you coulld get a longer cable that allows you to ride and then mount the tablet and have the RC round your neck

OK, I know the controller is connected to the phone or tablet by putting the device in the jaws of the controller and using the leads to connect the two together. But at the moment I'm playing with active track and I've not managed to find a good way to mount the controller and phone on my bike handlebars. I've tried putting the whole lot over my neck with a strap, and I've tried straps and elastic to strap it to the handlebars.

The problem is that it is just the wrong shape to mount easily. I was wondering if the controller has a wifi connection so I can place the controller apart from the phone, and just mount the phone on the handlebars with the two connected by wifi. Not sure it has that capability?

You can connect your phone directly to your drone, without the need to use the RC what so ever?
The controls are fiddly as you are using your phone screen to fly the drone how ever if you are looking for just some simple active track I would see this being too much of a problem.

You can connect your phone directly to your drone, without the need to use the RC what so ever?
The controls are fiddly as you are using your phone screen to fly the drone how ever if you are looking for just some simple active track I would see this being too much of a problem.

The Mavic 2 series drones cannot connect directly to the controller the way the Mavic 1 series could, at least not officially as far as I'm aware.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jtlesn