DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is anyone getting 31 minutes of flight time on a battery?

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
DJI marketing battery blather talks about "getting up to 31 minutes of flight time" on a single battery. Is anyone getting 31 minutes- or even close to that? My experience is closer to 20 minutes or so as I never fly my batteries to complete depletion. You know straight off that 31 minutes is wishful thinking at best. But I've never even come close. I don't think I could milk 25 minutes out of it on a good day.

Reactions: Jam0ne
It is theoretically possible but in normal flying you won't get anywhere near that time.

There are videos on YouTube showing the maximum time from batteries.

Reactions: rapberry
@vindibona1 unfortunately possible flight times ,are rather like the possible MPG distances that vehicle makers say are possible ,they are obtained under controlled conditions ,not in the real world

No.
DJI basically quotes their "up to" flight times as "take off, fly the entire flight at the most efficient speed with zero wind and land at 0%" which is never going to happen in real life.

Reactions: Jam0ne
I think about 23 min is the most I've gotten... and there is no chance of reaching that if any time is spent in sports mode.

You would need to be indoors in a large space like a gymnaseum, with little to no air current, not use the camera to record video or take a picture. Totally conservative flight. Maybe ya get 31.
Just like vehicle mpg or mpe ratings. What is possible under the most ideal conditions possible. For gas or electric, totally flat terrain, little headwind, no passengers, freight, luggage, etc, and only one gallon of gas to avoid adding weight. So...... Possible? yes. Practical? no.

DJI marketing battery blather talks about "getting up to 31 minutes of flight time" on a single battery. Is anyone getting 31 minutes- or even close to that? My experience is closer to 20 minutes or so as I never fly my batteries to complete depletion. You know straight off that 31 minutes is wishful thinking at best. But I've never even come close. I don't think I could milk 25 minutes out of it on a good day.
Hi, as stillpicture photographer I always fly "smoth" in C-mode and has often achived 27minutes w/o depleted battery,
I think it would easely be 31min if I dont take pics and just fly even smother.

Mytop 13 longest flights are 24 minutes or more with longest at 29 minutes, I don't push the boundaries and always land with a minimum of 5 minutes flight time left. It's rare that I use sport mode mainly keeping it in normal.

I've eked out 30 minutes a few times by going low and slow with no camera usage and canceling RTH to see what I can get but where's the fun in that. Real world, lotsa banks, turns and erratic behavior( while still flying safely away from people and objects) it's more like 20-24 and a few minutes left on the battery. But if you change the flight parameters like flight elevation, ambient temp, humidity (maybe even RF interference?) then your mileage will vary. Air too thin because you're in the Rocky Mountains? AC has to work harder to maintain height and speed. Air too hot or cold? Battery drains quicker. I'd say that as an across the board, blanket statement you will get anywhere from 16 to 26 minutes in the real world because every flight will have too many variables to narrow down an exact number. I could, and normally do, get about 22- 26 minutes just outside of Philadelphia with the occasional 17 minute flight popping up out of nowhere but if I travel just an hour North or East the elevation and or humidity will reek havoc with those numbers.

Reactions: DJayI
I"m sitting at 20-24 mins most of the time among the 7 batteries I alternate with. Never seen a 30 minute flight in every day use.

I've gone 22:43 minutes on my Mini 2. Took off with 99% indicated battery and landed with 17%. I find myself reluctant to fly below 20% battery because of the incessant beeping of the controller once you fall to 20% battery remaining and get the "low battery" alert. If only we could silence this alert on the Mini 2 like DJI allows for some of their other drone models.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002