DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is anyone hesitant to buy the MA2 because of this huge step backwards......

Don't get me wrong, I'm as excited as anyone about the release of this new drone. But it is very disappointing to see them REMOVE what is, IMO, a very important tool which now limits the video creators ability to fine tune the video. Not being able to adjust the sharpness, contrast, and saturation, when most, if not all, of the previous drones have that ability. This, IMO, is a huge step backwards and is making me hesitant to pull the trigger on this purchase.

I was just wondering if anyone else feels the same way. ?‍♂️
I am not surprised the MA2 does not have the fine tuning tools given the lower price. I'm guessing that the makers at DJI are betting that new owners will invest in software to achieve this, i.e., Vegas Pro, Adobe, etc. Of course, these are expensive tools that many will not purchase. It makes the Mavic 2 Pro look better, even with its higher price tag. The trade off is the 48mp photos, at least to me. The price is good because of this.

I am not surprised the MA2 does not have the fine tuning tools given the lower price. I'm guessing that the makers at DJI are betting that new owners will invest in software to achieve this, i.e., Vegas Pro, Adobe, etc. Of course, these are expensive tools that many will not purchase. It makes the Mavic 2 Pro look better, even with its higher price tag. The trade off is the 48mp photos, at least to me. The price is good because of this.

I expect the MP3 to have the 1in sensor across the board. With zoom. :p

Reactions: Capt KO
I think at that point they were still trying to figure out the market, so that was the first attempt and defining a longer term market strategy. What's emerging now is a clear preference for airframe design, the Mavic "look" etc. What came before was just a toe in the water.

I disagree on the levels, IMO Mini/Air2 = consumer; M2 = Prosumer; Inspire/Matrice = Professional, and possibly M2 Enterprise, especially the dual.

Reactions: JustAGuy
I think at that point they were still trying to figure out the market, so that was the first attempt and defining a longer term market strategy. What's emerging now is a clear preference for airframe design, the Mavic "look" etc. What came before was just a toe in the water.

I disagree on the levels, IMO Mini/Air2 = consumer; M2 = Prosumer; Inspire/Matrice = Professional, and possibly M2 Enterprise, especially the dual.

I could get onboard with those levels, although the Mini is not in the same class as the Air 2 at all. Number of IMUs or not.

I think what is frustrating to users, is seeing features that they used and were familiar with, dropped from from the newer model, especially when you realize that there is no hardware limitation preventing it.
DJI does not want you to buy the Mini, the MA2 OR the M3P. They want you to buy all of them. That's why they stagger the releases. Many folks who bought the Mini, discovered its limitations and jumped on the MA2 as soon as it was released.

I think what is frustrating to users, is seeing features that they used and were familiar with, dropped from from the newer model, especially when you realize that there is no hardware limitation preventing it.
DJI does not want you to buy the Mini, the MA2 OR the M3P. They want you to buy all of them. That;s why the stagger the releases. Many folks who bought the Mini, discovered its limitations and jumped on the MA2 as soon as it was released.

There is a clear escalation path from Mini to Air to Pro. And that's intentional. It makes for good drone operators so they can develop their skills.

The staggered releases are not to entice you to buy every model that comes out. That's to spread out the development and marketing efforts.

Reactions: Dannick
There is a clear escalation path from Mini to Air to Pro. And that's intentional. It makes for good drone operators so they can develop their skills.

The staggered releases are not to entice you to buy every model that comes out. That's to spread out the development and marketing efforts.
DJI does not care about your skills development. Like any company, their goal is to maximize sales and profits.

Reactions: hidroela
DJI does not care about your skills development. Like any company, their goal is to maximize sales and profits.

Selling you three drones (beginner, intermediate and pro) consecutively maximizes their profits.

Its not overt in their marketing but you can bet they think about it.

You don’t think they want Tello owners to move up to a Mini and so on?

The MA is pure beauty, loud and does the job. Don't know why they had to bring out another. MA2 should have been called another name so no hearts broken.

Well it is when you've spent a lot of money only a year ago!

Has the air 1 stopped working just because the 2 is out? I had the air one and enjoyed it. I sold it to upgrade. Just do that if you really want the 2.

Reactions: Dannick
Honestly only thing I’m pissed off about is lack of top and side sensors and sensor redundancy. I’m confident they will add it in the firmware options. You can shoot in raw though but I see your point for video which very one is saying it’s the best camera yet

Honestly only thing I’m pissed off about is lack of top and side sensors and sensor redundancy. I’m confident they will add it in the firmware options. You can shoot in raw though but I see your point for video which very one is saying it’s the best camera yet

You think they are going to add what exactly with a firmware update?

• Haha
Reactions: KarMann
Apas 3.0 is quite amazing.

They will add it in FW!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman