DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is anyone hesitant to buy the MA2 because of this huge step backwards......

Really? So if you had neither and both are on the shelf, you’re pickup up the Air 1 and leaving the Air 2 sitting there?

Be real, that Air 2 looks awesome. I think there’s a fair bit of sour grapes out there, likely the ones that bit on that Air 1 price drop prior to the Air 2 launch. For $100 more the Air 2 is clearly the way to go.

I"m just waiting for a "Hit the record dummy" message
I cant count the time's I've screwed that up
I used Tasker to make the message pop up 1 min after any flight app opens..
Then again after 3 mins because I often still forget..

How is that segmentation any different from Spark/Air/Pro that came before?

Also if I were to assign nomenclatures it would be: Mini = Consumer, Air = Prosumer, and Pro... Professional.

The Air obviously shares features from both the Mini and Pro.

Agreed. It's definitely in the middle. I have no interest in the Air 2 personally....there's a handful of features missing or left to be desired. I'd skip ALL that prosumer crap and either get a pro level, like a Phantom/Inspire/Matrice (like my P4P) and then another, for low level consumer, like he mini, which i bought a couple of months ago

RoOSTA

Last edited:
Coming from the original air it’s not huge to me. It’s just has a wider span when opened up. Everything fits in the small flymore bag so you should have no issues carrying it around.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I agree. That is a deal breaker for me. There are some other features that are missing or crippled. Lack of waypoints is a big deal for me. 48 Mp stills sounds good until you look at them. I wonder if the 12 Mp ones are really any better than the original MA.
The hyperlapse feature is crippled as are some of the other automated flight modes.
So far, most of the reviews have been from those that were paid or received free product. It is not in their best interest to point out the negatives. While some of the features could be fixed or added in later firmware, it is unlikely the DJI will do this based on their past performance.
I will wait to see what the M3 has to offer.

I agree. That is a deal breaker for me. There are some other features that are missing or crippled. Lack of waypoints is a big deal for me. 48 Mp stills sounds good until you look at them. I wonder if the 12 Mp ones are really any better than the original MA.
The hyperlapse feature is crippled as are some of the other automated flight modes.
So far, most of the reviews have been from those that were paid or received free product. It is not in their best interest to point out the negatives. While some of the features could be fixed or added in later firmware, it is unlikely the DJI will do this based on their past performance.
I will wait to see what the M3 has to offer.
What do you mean"Lack of waypoints"? Can these be used with LITCHI ?

The Hyperlapse feature brings the visual appeal of timelapse but with the added element of the drone physically moving. With the release of the Mavic Air 2, Hyperlapse can be shot in a max resolution of 8K. However, 8K HyperLapse can only use the free and Waypoints flight modes. 8K and 1080p are available at launch and additional resolutions will be added at a later date.

Pilots can choose four flight modes including Free movement, Circle, CourseLock and WayPoints. The Mavic Air 2 ships with pre-programmed flight maneuvers known as QuickShots that optimizes the 3-axis mechanical gimbal and electronic image stabilization.

Last edited:
What do you mean"Lack of waypoints"? Can these be used with LITCHI ?

The Hyperlapse feature brings the visual appeal of timelapse but with the added element of the drone physically moving. With the release of the Mavic Air 2, Hyperlapse can be shot in a max resolution of 8K. However, 8K HyperLapse can only use the free and Waypoints flight modes. 8K and 1080p are available at launch and additional resolutions will be added at a later date.

Pilots can choose four flight modes including Free movement, Circle, CourseLock and WayPoints. The Mavic Air 2 ships with pre-programmed flight maneuvers known as QuickShots that optimizes the 3-axis mechanical gimbal and electronic image stabilization.
There are no real waypoints available until or if they release the SDK so Litchi can work. Waypoits in hyperlapse are very limited and the resulting video is so jumpy it is unusable. Check it out here:

Reactions: dawgpilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman