DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is anyone using iPad mini 4 with mavic air 2?

To me it makes perfect sense to use a device you own until you need to upgrade. That is very different than investing money in a ~5 year old device. The Mini 4 will not age well over the next few years.

For what it's worth, I'm happy with my Mini 5. I can screen record while flying with zero issues.

With an MA2?

This is my point. The mini 4 lte Apple sells refurbished are $400 when you add tax. That’s a ridiculous price to pay for such an old device in 2020. You could get a brand new latest model iPad WiFi for less.
I just picked up a Mini 4 w/cellular in mint condition for $175 off FB marketplace.

I have been using the mini 4 for all my DJI aircraft without issues including the MA2.
Although I have no reason to screen record, but have heard of reports that using screen record along with the fly app places the mini 4 at it’s limitations and sometimes causes lag when using both.

I have just got the MA2 and tried using my mini 4 but I get the “CPU running at maximum”. I have used it with my MA1 without any problems for 2 years.
I am considering the mini 5 as that’s what most of the advice is pointing me toward.

I have just got the MA2 and tried using my mini 4 but I get the “CPU running at maximum”. I have used it with my MA1 without any problems for 2 years.
I am considering the mini 5 as that’s what most of the advice is pointing me toward.

Mini 5. All the way. If you are able to. Powerful enough for anything that DJI throws at it. (. No worries ).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000