DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is Cottonwood seeds a concern for drones?

Rchawks

Reactions
Airspace is loaded with them right now. Can it cause concern for drone pilots, because I haven't a clue.

@Rchawks any airborne substances including swarms of insects ,could over a period of time while flying, block cooling holes ,clog motors, cover sensors ,if enough of them were allowed to build up on the drone

Reactions: Rchawks
Last night a beautiful rainbow appear right after a sudden downpour and knowing a rainbow could happen I rigged everything up for a shot, but alas the small remnants of the raindrops would not subside and I decided it wasn't worth the risk and stayed grounded. Hard to do but I know from omm not to fly in the rain, lol.

Good risk management requires that do don't fly if you feel that the performance of your a/c will be impeded. If you do fly just give it a thorough clean after the flight. Would hate to lose a drone because of some seeds.
Regards

@Rchawks good judgment in your post#5 is the risk of damaging or losing your drone worth the shot ,probably not ,of course Phantom rain would tell you to invest in one of his wet suits ;););) for just such an occasion ,though by the time you had fitted it ,the rainbow would have disappeared i suspect ,unless of course you keep it permanently attached to your drone

@Rchawks good judgment in your post#5 is the risk of damaging or losing your drone worth the shot ,probably not ,of course Phantom rain would tell you to invest in one of his wet suits ;););) for just such an occasion ,though by the time you had fitted it ,the rainbow would have disappeared i suspect ,unless of course you keep it permanently attached to your drone
Maybe Phantonrain could do a version with zippers?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archanut