DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is DJI prototype a new, smaller FPV drone? Maybe.

MavicPilots News

Staff Member
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
DJI-Prototype.png

Images showing a shell from what’s either a DJI prototype or a forthcoming product have emerged. And it looks, well, pretty interesting.https://dronedj.com/2021/05/18/partial-dji-prototype-raises-intriguing-fpv-questions/#more-58192

It loosk like the top shell. It seems to have quite a few venting areas for the battery and internal hardware. The back is open and the top is shut, suggesting a back loading battery.

It loosk like the top shell. It seems to have quite a few venting areas for the battery and internal hardware. The back is open and the top is shut, suggesting a back loading battery.
Am I the only one that thinks that inserting a battery from the back is better than inserting from the top?

Am I the only one that thinks that inserting a battery from the back is better than inserting from the top?

Spark does that, though not a true slot, it’s a rear slide on.
Pretty well documented over on SparkPilots those batteries can eject quite a bit, there’s an aftermarket retaining strap available.
Never had an issue with mine though.

Reactions: projectarjun
I think a back loading battery is less likely to fall out (in a crash or routine flight). I heard some Mavic2 users having their batteries pop out the top due to battery swelling during flight.

• Wow
Reactions: projectarjun
The Parrot Bebop one drone comes with a strap to secure the battery from the top. :(

I think a back loading battery is less likely to fall out (in a crash or routine flight). I heard some Mavic2 users having their batteries pop out the top due to battery swelling during flight.

Many of us Spark owners utilize some type of "Battery retention Strap/Cord" because the batter does seem to eject from the rear more easily than from "within" the fuselage.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frodri