DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is Dronelink now compatible with the Air 2?

According to web site it is indeed out of beta and live ..

It was removed from the latest beta (140). 137 was still available directly from Dronelink as of this morning. Per Dronelink, MA2 support will be added back to the next build:

Is Air2 support still in beta, or does DL now fully support this model?
I have been using it for months now to preplan and fly missions with my Mavic mini. I recently acquired a Mavic Air 2 but haven't created missions for it yet. It takes a bit of time to learn the process but it does the job.

I have been using it for months now to preplan and fly missions with my Mavic mini. I recently acquired a Mavic Air 2 but haven't created missions for it yet. It takes a bit of time to learn the process but it does the job.
plz report back with your results, thanks!

Does anyone know if DroneDeploy, Pix4D and/or Litchi is/are functional on Mavic Air 2?

Litchi beta works with the Mavic Air 2, but not with waypoints (planned missions) yet. That is requiring them to rewrite that code to use a "virtual sticks" method since DJI didn't include native waypoint support in the SDK.

Litchi beta works with the Mavic Air 2, but not with waypoints (planned missions) yet. That is requiring them to rewrite that code to use a "virtual sticks" method since DJI didn't include native waypoint support in the SDK.
Do you know if they have plans to release with waypoints (my main interest)?

Do you know if they have plans to release with waypoints (my main interest)?

Yes, that's what I meant when I said they are rewriting the app to use virtual sticks. But this is taking quite a while unfortunately.

that's what I meant when I said they are rewriting the app to use virtual sticks
I did see that but I passed over it when I saw the term "virtual" sticks assuming that means using your phone as the controller (forgive my ignorance)?

Been using Maven and Dronelink. Much prefer Maven thus far, as Dronelink is still riddled with problems. Both are in beta, but Maven works whereas Dronelink has caused a myriad issues trying to use.

Reactions: G Randy Brown
I did see that but I passed over it when I saw the term "virtual" sticks assuming that means using your phone as the controller (forgive my ignorance)?

You still need the controller, but the virtual sticks method means the app is sending stick movement commands in realtime to the drone to make it fly to each waypoint. (compared to native waypoints, which other drone models support, where the app can upload the entire mission at the start, and the drone flies itself to each set of GPS coordinates by itself)

Reactions: G Randy Brown
Just used Dronlink for mapping. I'm pretty happy with it other than I haven't decided on what stitcher works best/ economical.

Hi, We are hoping to do drone mapping, but have troubles connecting the drone to dronelink. We are flying a Mavic air 2 and downloaded Dronelink for an android device. We have the "business growth plan" of dronelink. When we open the DJI fly app then it shows that have made all the updates that we need for the drone. We gave the dronelink app all the permissions requested and forcefully closed DJI fly. On the dronelink app it shows the plans of what we want to fly but it says "disconnected" even though the drone is on and the controller is connected. Is there anyone who advise me on this matter? I would really appreciate it

Hi, We are hoping to do drone mapping, but have troubles connecting the drone to dronelink. We are flying a Mavic air 2 and downloaded Dronelink for an android device. We have the "business growth plan" of dronelink. When we open the DJI fly app then it shows that have made all the updates that we need for the drone. We gave the dronelink app all the permissions requested and forcefully closed DJI fly. On the dronelink app it shows the plans of what we want to fly but it says "disconnected" even though the drone is on and the controller is connected. Is there anyone who advise me on this matter? I would really appreciate it
Hi, here's what works for me.

The order is quite important:

1. Attach phone to controller and unlock the phone
2. Close all apps and put phone in airplane mode
3. Power on controller and select "DJI fly" to open with the accessory (I use android)
4. Power on the Drone and wait for connection with DJI Fly
5. Set RTH altitude and home point in DJI Fly and then exit the app by pressing back 3 times and choosing quit DJI Fly (don't just close it by minimizing it)
6. Open Dronelink and see if the Drone is connected.

If it is not connected try powering the controller off and back on again and selecting "Dronelink" to open with the accessory (If you are using android).

You can also check to see if:
DJI fly is selected to always open when the controller is connected. Try resetting app preferences and then choosing to open DJI Fly "Just once" instead of "Always" when the controller is connected.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the suggestion Alb51!
Sorry to hear you are having issues Denise.

If you are having connection to the drone issues, the first thing to try within Dronelink app with DJI Fly closed, is to try replugging the cable, if that does not work then try closing and reopening the app.

Definitely post on the Dronelink forum (Topics – Dronelink) or email support with more details so that we can help get this sorted.

Just curious what are the benefits of Dronelink or Maven or Litchi over just flying your drone manually? I'm always open to new ways of doing things, but with the limited poking around I've done looking at these apps and web sites, I'm not understanding what the advantages are.

Just curious what are the benefits of Dronelink or Maven or Litchi over just flying your drone manually? I'm always open to new ways of doing things, but with the limited poking around I've done looking at these apps and web sites, I'm not understanding what the advantages are.
I have a couple specific uses for Dronelink but there are many many more. 1 is for mapping. Set an area to map, Dronelink will automatically decide the most efficient route to fly and take a photo at specific intervals that are easy for the stitching software to combine to make 1 large picture from possibly hundreds of smaller photos. A second use I have that is probably more rare is the ability to enter a specific gps coordinate and have the drone fly to that location. (Think recon for SAR) Dispatch can radio me the ping from a victims cell. These are not always accurate so taking 5 minutes to recon it out first can save lots of time later if the subject is 100 yards on the other side of a ravine we would normally have to backtrack to get around.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15