DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is everybody happy with their CS

Grayford2012

Reactions
I am contemplating biting the bullet and purchasing a 7.85 high brightness CS.

My question is is everyone happy with it working with their Mavic 2 or do you regret making the purchase. I currently use an ipad mini 4 with mine and am happy but would really like the extra brightness of the CS.

Input and comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and happy flying.

Well, I just got mine yesterday and haven't had a lot of time with it yet but I think it's great!! If you want to see what I think is a great comparison have a look here. He shows both the regular and the ultra running in bright sun with an iPad Mini for good measure!! Be sure you have something to charge the damm thing with before you buy it!!

For <18 bucks you can't beat this for charging unless you already have something that will work for you

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GNTQJVU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: philh24
I had the 5.5 crystalsky but upgraded to the bigger ultra it was really bright. Since the upgrade I have regretted it and gone back to the 5.5 because of the weight and portability of the smaller unit. If you will use it a lot it’s well worth it.

Reactions: KG in CT
Hi Phil, you bring up a very good point. I was thinking about the smaller one but I'm currently using an iPad Mini which is much closer to the larger one in screen size.

Now, if the MavMount for my CS would just get here :)
I thought I had all the bases covered when I ordered the cables and the little charger thing before ordering the CS itself but I totally forgot to order the darn bracket for it! I've been using the MavMount for the iPad Mini and loving it so hopefully, I'll have the same experience with the CS mount as well!.

My question is is everyone happy with it working with their Mavic 2 or do you regret making the purchase. I currently use an ipad mini 4 with mine and am happy but would really like the extra brightness of the CS.

I have both the 5.5 and now he 7.85. Both have worked flawlessly. I went with the larger version because it is easier to see with older eyes. Can't go wrong with either size, I am selling the smaller version with a sun screen and polar pro mount for $450, if interested.

I have the 5.5 and 7.85 HB... best investment I ever made. Definitely a slight learning curve in the beginning but the device (both of them) work flawlessly with the aircraft. I could never go back to a smartphone or tablet. I highly recommend investing in a quality mounting setup and doing as much reading about the crystalsky as possible. I personally use the DJI Phantom mount attached to the Polar Pro Mavic- mount. Make the investment... you won’t regret it...

Based on personal preference there are pros and cons to every setup, in this case the benefit of the larger screen being significant weight, not to mention the additional cost over a tablet or phone.

I’m not sure of the real benefit of the smaller screen other than for portability and just blasting around the sky. It is too small to be useful for my needs, but if I was climbing Everest….
With the large screen, however, you can effectively compose shots and perform accurate flight maneuvers in order to acquire footage truly useful in post (the standard brightness model is great). It is a professional grade tool for dependable use in the field….a purchase you likely won’t regret. Just don’t get it wet.

….when it comes to chargers, however, DJI seriously lags behind the standards of the RC community at large. The battery life is very good (5+ hours) though you’ll require a heavy (P4) brick to power the charger and this isn’t much fun, you just have to get used to it.

A second battery is a must to enable viewing your days footage in the field and not be caught with a dead screen. Overall the significant advantage of the CS outweighs the charger penalty. It works very well and has never let me down. I like the PolarPro case since the battery remains connected to the unit. The PolarPro case and mounting bracket are both rugged and of good value.

By the way, there is no parasitic drain with the CS in sleep mode: if it goes to bed at 54%, it wakes up at 54% even weeks later. Awesome.

Reactions: KG in CT
Regret.

Heavy, clunky, hard to update, poor touch sensitivity in top corners.
I wanted a screen that works in cold weather, thinking the iPad mini would be too delicate.
Still pissed off that such an expensive monitor didn't come with a battery charger. (Yes, my fault that I assumed and didn't check on that.)

Reactions: RedIce
Regret.

Heavy, clunky, hard to update, poor touch sensitivity in top corners.
I wanted a screen that works in cold weather, thinking the iPad mini would be too delicate.
Still pissed off that such an expensive monitor didn't come with a battery charger. (Yes, my fault that I assumed and didn't check on that.)

Let's not make that fruit company a saint here, for all the money in the world, which they have, their products still suck big time in many ways.

I've had both of mine (5.5 and Ultra-bright 7.5) for almost a year now and have no regret. I live in FL and the bright screen is the best compared to other devices I've tried. I wouldn't trade-in my Crystalsky for any other system on the market today. My only complaint is the length of time it takes DJI to release updates for the Crystalsky. I've had no issues with it working on my MP2 and MPZ. Check out my video:

Last edited:
Reactions: philh24
Yes, I'm very happy. The CS 7.85" is definitely the best purchase I made for my MP. I'm not flying professionally so weight is not an issue, having drone in the air for 20 minutes (one battery) is not causing any issues as far as weight handling of RC and monitor is concern. I use the LifThor Sif CS II bracket and it works very well for me, it allows me to see all controls and display on the RC, in my opinion perfect solution:

Attachments

• 20180828_212351.jpg
    20180828_212351.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 37
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChickenOverload