DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is flying in a DJI geozone flagged as a critical error (rear status indicators red)?

CNYdronepilot

Reactions
Hi all, I have only been flying for nearly a month, and all of it has been in a DJI Unlock zone for Class D airspace that I have been unlocking (and informing my local ATCT every time I go out). I have rear LEDs indicating red quite often. Aircraft has been performing fine - hoping to confirm that being in the geozone may be the consistent issue. I checked the manual and searched through a number of threads and couldn't find a confirmation (was looking for a list of critical errors but maybe that would be too long to assemble). I'm not seeing warning messages in my GO4 app for anything other than being in a geozone - maybe I'm not trusting the app enough but concerned that the red indicator lights could be trying to tell me something the app doesn't. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hi all, I have only been flying for nearly a month, and all of it has been in a DJI Unlock zone for Class D airspace that I have been unlocking (and informing my local ATCT every time I go out). I have rear LEDs indicating red quite often. Aircraft has been performing fine - hoping to confirm that being in the geozone may be the consistent issue. I checked the manual and searched through a number of threads and couldn't find a confirmation (was looking for a list of critical errors but maybe that would be too long to assemble). I'm not seeing warning messages in my GO4 app for anything other than being in a geozone - maybe I'm not trusting the app enough but concerned that the red indicator lights could be trying to tell me something the app doesn't. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Are there any errors that come up on the app?

What exactly are the rear LEDs doing. Can you match it to the chart form the manual that was posted above by lhemmerich?

Thank you all. I was more looking for input into whether being in a geozone is one of the triggers for critical error. I will have to study the lights more closely, and most of today is not a fly day here - I'll have to see if winds die down and I can squeeze something in. Yesterday I did have a short flight 7 miles from airport and only saw green lights each time the craft was facing away, so that's promising.

Thank you all. I was more looking for input into whether being in a geozone is one of the triggers for critical error. I will have to study the lights more closely, and most of today is not a fly day here - I'll have to see if winds die down and I can squeeze something in. Yesterday I did have a short flight 7 miles from airport and only saw green lights each time the craft was facing away, so that's promising.
I'd call DJI support let them take responsibility it could be something left out of the manual but who knows ring them.

Raw outside, but winds came down enough to fly for a bit. Again, I'm in an Unlock zone, and a 200' height restricted zone as I am in line with the runway. When I fly, I get a consistent pattern of 6 green blinks, then 2 long red blinks, then back to 6 greens, etc. I watched the monitor while hovering over the yard through multiple cycles and the only scrolling error I see is yellow for the 200' ceiling zone. @mel.m , maybe I will reach out to DJI Support, but am curious if anybody else is familiar with this pattern. Battery was above 70%. Thanks.

I have solid red on the front arms. not sure if its from a crash i had a few days ago or the class C/D zones. i calibrated the drone after the crash and all work good with no errors just solid red LED. The error was downward vision sensors as these are what it hit when the motors shut off but they have gone since calibration so now not sure is it a zone warning or critical error

I have solid red on the front arms. not sure if its from a crash i had a few days ago or the class C/D zones. i calibrated the drone after the crash and all work good with no errors just solid red LED. The error was downward vision sensors as these are what it hit when the motors shut off but they have gone since calibration so now not sure is it a zone warning or critical error
@dubjay, front LEDs are for orientation only and are normally red (they turn green in certain follow-me modes - I'm no expert there). See page 14 of V1.8 user manual. Status indicator lights are on the rear of the aircraft.

Raw outside, but winds came down enough to fly for a bit. Again, I'm in an Unlock zone, and a 200' height restricted zone as I am in line with the runway. When I fly, I get a consistent pattern of 6 green blinks, then 2 long red blinks, then back to 6 greens, etc. I watched the monitor while hovering over the yard through multiple cycles and the only scrolling error I see is yellow for the 200' ceiling zone. @mel.m , maybe I will reach out to DJI Support, but am curious if anybody else is familiar with this pattern. Battery was above 70%. Thanks.
Update: I reached out to DJI support yesterday about my rear indicator light pattern of 6 green blinks followed by two slow red blinks in a repeating pattern. They agree that pattern is not described in the manual and are asking me to send a video showing the series and a picture of my screen. More to come.

@dubjay, front LEDs are for orientation only and are normally red (they turn green in certain follow-me modes - I'm no expert there). See page 14 of V1.8 user manual. Status indicator lights are on the rear of the aircraft.

Update: I reached out to DJI support yesterday about my rear indicator light pattern of 6 green blinks followed by two slow red blinks in a repeating pattern. They agree that pattern is not described in the manual and are asking me to send a video showing the series and a picture of my screen. More to come.

Thanks very much sorry should have done my home work. was paranoid as i have just re calibrated and flown with out issues after a crash. Thanks Again

Reactions: CNYdronepilot

It's great you reached out it will be interesting what they come back with we might all learn something. Good luck

Update: DJI support confirmed my indicator light pattern was not described in the user manual and escalated to Engineering. Eventual response that came back was - "the pattern of indicators is normal and that it means that the drone is in the GEO zone and is not related to locked or unlocked zone." I have confirmed in the meantime that when flying in two different locations outside of local geozones I get green flashing all the time. Seems a bit odd as nobody else here has noticed this flash pattern if it is "normal" whenever you are flying in a geozone, but I will treat this as SOP and keep enjoying my M2P. I thanked them and recommended they add this status pattern to user manual - they acknowledged that my suggestion would be escalated to Engineering.

Reactions: Denity
Update: DJI support confirmed my indicator light pattern was not described in the user manual and escalated to Engineering. Eventual response that came back was - "the pattern of indicators is normal and that it means that the drone is in the GEO zone and is not related to locked or unlocked zone." I have confirmed in the meantime that when flying in two different locations outside of local geozones I get green flashing all the time. Seems a bit odd as nobody else here has noticed this flash pattern if it is "normal" whenever you are flying in a geozone, but I will treat this as SOP and keep enjoying my M2P. I thanked them and recommended they add this status pattern to user manual - they acknowledged that my suggestion would be escalated to Engineering.

hi
I'M a new M2P user and I get this led pattern in a geo zone. When I go in the park near my home I get green normal status.
In geo zone I get 6 normals green blinks followed by 2 long red. And a hight limit warning appear in display if I'm going to hight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S