DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is Iphone 6s enough?

vadim26

Reactions
I've just bought Mavic Platinum and have an Iphone 6s

Is that enough and reliable? Or should I buy something else solely dedicated for using Mavic? I am on a tight budget, since the purchase was quite expensive. Please, share your experiences.

Last edited:
I have an iPhone 6, and use it to fly MP and my other drones, without any issue.
I use this phone for everyday use also, but when I fly a drone set it in airplane mode.

I have an iPhone 6, and use it to fly MP and my other drones, without any issue.
I use this phone for everyday use also, but when I fly a drone set it in airplane mode.

thanks. did you have any problems with touch screen? like screen becoming unresponsive? also how's battery? how much % do you spend per flight?

I also use the iPhone 6. No problems with the touch screen controls. Most of the problems people run into are with the the DJI Go 4 app. The app can sometimes be wonky. That appears to be a bigger problem on Android phones, rather than the iPhones.

I'm still learning about my Mavic Pro, so my flights are generally about 15 minutes, which is not enough to run the battery down to where it's a problem.

Is that enough and reliable?
You could certainly try it since you already own it. It'll run best with these settings. If you're not able to make it run well, then consider using one of the commonly used mobile devices listed here.

thanks. did you have any problems with touch screen? like screen becoming unresponsive? also how's battery? how much % do you spend per flight?
I try to check everything important, before flight, and never had some problem with my iPhone 6. Some time ago, I had an unresponsive screen issue, with my iPad mini (not iPhone 6), during initial checkup before takeoff, but after rebooting, it was ok.

But I also, never update if it's not ABSOLUTELY necessary, and fly (as already said) in airplane mode.

Also, iPhone's battery is more than enough, to fly 3 batteries of my MP. Of course we're talking about fully charged iPhone before flights.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie