DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it a matter of trust ?

Long story short. I need a spark remote. And a gentleman on this forum is willing to sell me one for 50 dollars. Here’s where it gets complicated. I don’t have or want a pay pal account. He says that if I mail him the money [emoji383] as soon as he gets it he will send me the remote. I have had several of text messages with him and he seems like a honest person. But I don’t want to be out 50 dollars [emoji385] so what would you all do???

As President Ronald Reagan once said, "Trust, but verify." That still holds true in today's treacherous environment. When money is concerned, trust no one. Please do yourself a favor and get a free Pay Pal account. This account merely facilitates transactions to you and the buyer or seller in a very safe way. I have used Pay Pal through e-bay sales and I actually had to refund a buyer because he was not able to understand how to pair my device to his phone. Stupid Man. But I still had to refund the money. Pay Pal protects YOU and buyer. You merely have to give them your bank number or credit card number to facilitate the transaction. They take a small % fee, but it is worth it.

As you go through life, you will constantly need to buy and sell stuff. I am trying to downsize my unused gear and without Pay Pal it would be a nightmare for me.

So you don’t want pay pal. No bank transfer. Why not just drive, fly to him. Your running out of options.
Now ya being funny.:D
If you would look at back post you would see who it is and the location's so thats not an option.You could buy a new M2P almost for what the ticket would cost.

Reactions: Platinum 4 ever
I think this is the best idea if you're not going to get your own account.
Pal Pay relationships are extremely fraught with possible problems. You do not want to assume this for a friend. Do not get involved with other people's financial problems! Are you looking for trouble and grief?

That's why I said a friend, who would be made to understand why "He " wants to do it this way, and it's 50 bucks. sheesh..Iv'e lost more than that at the dominoe table during duck season...
I'll bet 50 bucks it goes all well and swimmingly if he gets a buddy to do the transaction for him..
Yeah, I like games of chance....

That's why I said a friend, who would be made to understand why "He " wants to do it this way, and it's 50 bucks. sheesh..Iv'e lost more than that at the dominoe table during duck season...
I'll bet 50 bucks it goes all well and swimmingly if he gets a buddy to do the transaction for him..
My arguments with Pay Pal and the issue of refunding and re-sending a purchase back to the buyer because the buyer was too stupid to know how to pair the app of the Osmo Action to the DJI app took several days of fighting with Pay Pal. Believe me., Pay Pal really protected that buyer undeservedly, but that is their job. You lose only a small transaction fee with Pay Pal, but gain a lot in no worries about being defrauded out of your money when the buyer has the item and you have no cash.

Throw the bones myself then fly of course ;)
IMG_1821.jpeg
Whoops off topic. sorry.

FWIW, I tend to try to see the best in others. In this situation, if you feel like he’s a good person, trust your gut and send the $50. Absolute worst scenario is you lose your $50. Another option might be to give a friend with PayPal the $50 and then you’re good to go without any risk. Best wishes!

oops, sorry, that suggestion has already been made.

Reactions: 23tony
FWIW, I tend to try to see the best in others. In this situation, if you feel like he’s a good person, trust your gut and send the $50. Absolute worst scenario is you lose your $50. Another option might be to give a friend with PayPal the $50 and then you’re good to go without any risk. Best wishes!

oops, sorry, that suggestion has already been made.

Thank you [emoji4] I think that I will take the gamble.

Why so stubborn. .???
I think all your possibilities are here in these posts from guys offering you loads of advice ,
Pick one and go with it .

Surely this forum is about drones not moral dilemmas!!!

You could try flying it without the $50 controller. !

• Sad
Reactions: Drgnfli
forget the paypal stuff...Don't send him the money and don't expect to get a working controller for 50 bucks..that's not going to happen..you know that and so does everyone on this forum.
sorry for being so blunt. I hope I'm proven wrong.

If you initiated the transaction, he’s probably not a prince from Nigeria and it’s safe to send him the money.

Well that’s not entirely true. You see. If Everyone has a pay pal account. Then That would include me. But since I don’t have one you can’t say that everyone has a pay pal account now can you. [emoji41]
You dont need a paypal account to send him money, he can send you a payment link and you can enter the credit card details w/o creating an actual account...

forget the paypal stuff...Don't send him the money and don't expect to get a working controller for 50 bucks..that's not going to happen..you know that and so does everyone on this forum.
sorry for being so blunt. I hope I'm proven wrong.

He claims that they stole his spark. But left his remote behind

Long story short. I need a spark remote. And a gentleman on this forum is willing to sell me one for 50 dollars. Here’s where it gets complicated. I don’t have or want a pay pal account. He says that if I mail him the money [emoji383] as soon as he gets it he will send me the remote. I have had several of text messages with him and he seems like a honest person. But I don’t want to be out 50 dollars [emoji385] so what would you all do???
Go with your gut feeling...if you feel good about it go for it...it would be Awsome in today's culture for 2 people , who have never met, to trust each other and have a positive outcome...be smart fly safe

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots