DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it a shot in the dark

B-rye

Reactions
Good evening everyone,
I would like to know the answer too this question, if someone could help me out?
With all these different version of firmware for both the ac/rc and mods out their and different versions of DJI GO 4 app.
How do I know which firmware for the ac/rc will work best with the DJI GO 4 app?
Example
"AC"Firmware.. 1.xx.xxx
"RC"Firmware.. 1.xx.xxx
"DJI GO 4" app version 4.xx.xx
Is it just a shot in the dark / luck of the draw to get these to work well together
Brian

See the release notes document on DJI site, it mentions what was released at the same time. But in general anything works with anything.

It is DJI's view that the latest version is the best. I always keep the firmware updated, and the software updated and have NEVER had an issue. There are a few people that CLAIM firmware and software problems in certain versions, but for every one of those reports, there are over 100 reports of no issues with the same versions. My advice is keep everything updated to the latest available. If you are under warranty, I would REALLY suggest that.

It is DJI's view that the latest version is the best. I always keep the firmware updated, and the software updated and have NEVER had an issue. There are a few people that CLAIM firmware and software problems in certain versions, but for every one of those reports, there are over 100 reports of no issues with the same versions. My advice is keep everything updated to the latest available. If you are under warranty, I would REALLY suggest that.

Sound advice as always

Ahhh...coders absolutely love brave Beta testers! I prefer to stay one version back, assuming all is working well, just sayin'.

Ahhh...coders absolutely love brave Beta testers! I prefer to stay one version back, assuming all is working well, just sayin'.
Beta tests precede the public release. But I get what you are saying.!

Yes, that used to be the case when coding was an art form, rather than the rush-rush commercial vehicle it has become. We are all beta testers, more or less.

...There are a few people that CLAIM firmware and software problems in certain versions, but for every one of those reports, there are over 100 reports of no issues with the same versions...
I am one of the few that did have a problem with an update. A background Go 4 update hosed my video feed to the point it was unusable. After a rollback it worked as before. I turned off auto-updating and have not had similar problems sense. My advice would be to see what you stand to gain with an update and wait and see if problems are reported by an update on your phone/tablet before applying it. Problems are often device specific in that most will not have problems but some may.

As most software venders, DJI wants to add features to Go 4 to make it's remarkable drones deliver features that consumers want. In the process they sometimes increase the demands on the hardware hosting the software to the point that some marginal devices no longer work. That is why a device may be dropped from their "approved" list, it simply can't perform well enough any more.

I am one of the few that did have a problem with an update. A background Go 4 update hosed my video feed to the point it was unusable. After a rollback it worked as before. I turned off auto-updating and have not had similar problems sense. My advice would be to see what you stand to gain with an update and wait and see if problems are reported by an update on your phone/tablet before applying it. Problems are often device specific in that most will not have problems but some may.

As most software venders, DJI wants to add features to Go 4 to make it's remarkable drones deliver features that consumers want. In the process they sometimes increase the demands on the hardware hosting the software to the point that some marginal devices no longer work. That is why a device may be dropped from their "approved" list, it simply can't perform well enough any more.
I can agree with all of that. I was unaware that any devices had dropped off the list. I had recently posted screen shots of the device list for the MP and the MP2 right off DJI's website, and the lists were identical. That was also along with an observation that MANY devices NOT listed will work fine as well.
The app updates recently have increased in size, by a lot. That is because the amount of DJI aircraft models has increased significantly in the last couple years, and the app requiring support for each of the new models. BUT, from reading the actual aircraft specific add on's I don't seem to find anything that suggests that more processor is required. Because most of the processor heavy demands have been unchanged. The amount of memory on the device IS however more used up by different aircraft versions you will never use if you dont own them, And THAT can cause trouble with some devices that are short on free memory.

Agreed, "lambs to Slater". When looking back after the fact of doing the upgrade you see the previous version wasn't that bad or you had more options to work with. Newer is not always bettet

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet