DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it me. Photos not in active track

Brilliant thanks. I saw your photos earlier in the year and I had to have a go. Maybe it’s me or maybe something has changed in the app.

I just tested this, I started active track on my car (trace mode) and the drone remained in photo mode. Normal photo mode, not smart photo. This just ocurred to me, maybe it’s smart photo that’s not available?

I just tested this, I started active track on my car (trace mode) and the drone remained in photo mode. Normal photo mode, not smart photo. This just ocurred to me, maybe it’s smart photo that’s not available?

I did not have smart photo on as I set it up in manual. Great that you’ve got it as it means the problem is me. How do you get into the mode to track and photo ?

I did not have smart photo on as I set it up in manual. Great that you’ve got it as it means the problem is me. How do you get into the mode to track and photo ?
i just had the drone as normal in photo mode, i drew a rectangle around my car, selected active track, trace, go. Drone stayed in photo mode.

I wonder if everyone is using the same terms. When you say you have the drone in Active Track, what exactly do you mean?

Hi. First I go to settings and enable tracking
I am in camera mode.
I select quick shots.
Select active track
Draw a box around my car
When I look again at the screen it’s in video mode auto.

Hi. First I go to settings and enable tracking
I am in camera mode.
I select quick shots.
Select active track
Draw a box around my car
When I look again at the screen it’s in video mode auto.
Two things I see here that are different:
1. I'm not enabling the feature that auto-detects objects and presents the + sign, I just manually draw a rectangle around the car. This probably has nothing to do with it but I thought I'd mention it.
2. Why are you selecting quick shots?! Seems normal for quick shots not to be available in active track mode.

Just set your camera exposure and shutter speed like you want it then draw the box, don't go into any quickshot mode. I believe that's all video.

Seems like operator error. I wrongly thought I had to access tracking through quick shots. I’ve just dragged a box round the car and I can still take photos. So I now have a question is the quick shots active track just the same as dragging a box on the screen without going into quick shots. If so why is active track in quick shots when it’s active on the Home Screen.

Just set your camera exposure and shutter speed like you want it then draw the box, don't go into any quickshot mode. I believe that's all video.

That works for me. I’ve never used tracking before and I wrongly thought it had to be accessed through quick shots.

Seems like operator error. I wrongly thought I had to access tracking through quick shots. I’ve just dragged a box round the car and I can still take photos. So I now have a question is the quick shots active track just the same as dragging a box on the screen without going into quick shots. If so why is active track in quick shots when it’s active on the Home Screen.

Quick shots usually have a subject around which the quick shot is taken. Active track in normal mode is independent of that, it just allows you to set the drone to look at an object, follow it or orbit it. No connection to whatever videos or photos you want to take during that time.

Hi. Yep I tried that. I’m trying to get a blurry background so screen grab of a video won’t work.

I pause the video that is playing, then do a screenshot using a product called SnagIt. This photo was extracted from a video.thereTheyGo.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000